Lit from Within: Embracing My Geekness with Katniss
-->

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Embracing My Geekness with Katniss


Hello, Fireflies!

Today is a day to embrace your geekness! and today, especially, I'm embracing another glowing, fiery thing - Catching Fire, from the Hunger Games trilogy.  Yes, I read the books, too, so this qualifies, I think.

I even used polishes and nail art decals from the Cover Girl Catching Fire collection.  First, Cover Girl Black Heat, a black polish with flecks of gold and green, and some orange that catch the light. 

Cover Girl Black Heat, a black polish with flecks of gold and green, and some orange that catch the light.

I dabbed on a gradient with Cover Girl Seared Bronze, a pink/bronze polish with some of the same green/gold duochrome glitters as Black Heat.  Smoky, Smoldering, Glowy.

Cover Girl Seared Bronze, a pink/bronze polish with some of the same green/gold duochrome glitters as Black Heat

These came in a set with these cool decals.  Decals - Big.  My nails - small.  Tiny scissors - friend.

cool decals

Yeah, I need flames like this painted on everything I own. I used to watch a lot of cooking shows, and some of my faves had flames painted on their Kitchen Aid stand mixers.  I want these.


*I* am the Girl. On. Fire!


Bottle and decal shot:  Cover Girl Black Heat and Seared Bronze.

Bottle and decal shot:  Cover Girl Black Heat and Seared Bronze.

What fandom has influenced your style?


18 comments:

  1. I like the whole fiery look! Very nice mani as per usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Such an awesome catching fire mani

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome, Nidia! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty color and I love how the decals look on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this combo and the swirls! fire? lol IDK I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh I really like this! Very pretty look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ermagherd! Those nail stickers! I can't even! Your nails look fab! I read all three books too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love this mani! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous mani and I freakin love the Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute! Loving the nail stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I love the Hunger Games books, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...