Lit from Within: TRI a little Laser Light Show!
-->

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

TRI a little Laser Light Show!


Hello, Fireflies!
Last week, for Tri-Polish Tuesday, I created this look with some metallics:


I'd like to show you how to take this look to a whole different level using black polish and striping tape.  First, take a few pieces of tiny striping tape, and lay them across the nail.  It works better if you try and make sure you're getting different colors with each piece of tape.

EEek! SPIDER!  Oh, wait.  phew.

take a few pieces of tiny striping tape, and lay them across the nail

Cover the whole nail with a generous (thick, but not drippy) coat of black polish.  This technique works best if you paint one coat, wait only a very few seconds, and then pull off the tape, so the more opaque the polish, the better.

If you wait too long to pull off the tape, the polish will dry and pull off in sheets, rather than just where the tape was.


This is when having a a one-coat wonder like Cult Nails Nevermore comes in handy.  I don't have to worry about the colors bleeding through the black, and the polish stays where I put it, rather than pooling under the tape as much as a thinner polish might.


Bottle shot:  Ruffian Rosary, Wet n Wild Chrome I Got A New Com-Pewter, and Wet n Wild Chrome Hog-Quartz School, Cult Nails Nevermore, and a tape dispenser with my striping tape.

Bottle shot:  Ruffian Rosary, Wet n Wild Chrome I Got A New Com-Pewter, and Wet n Wild Chrome Hog-Quartz School, Cult Nails Nevermore, and a tape dispenser with my striping tape.

So, when your preppy plaid mani starts to show a little wear, put on some striping tape, apply a little black polish, and have yourself a laser light show!

Can you believe the transformation? How do you refresh a manicure you want to make last just a little longer?


23 comments:

  1. Awesome striping tape design. The metallic colors look great underneath the black too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh wow I love it with the black on top even more than the original. They look like lasers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I call up-cycling at its finest! You did a great job re-designing a fabulous mani

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hoo! love redesigning! I do it all the time! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Great tips for updating a mani for extended wear, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks soooooo stinking good. Love Love Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Striping tape is seriously the best. Ever. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the tip, because it gives the manicure extra time

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the striping tape design. I've always wanted to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome design! I love how easy it is to use striping tape

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome. I love the glitter showing through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to use the tape and black polish. I normally use glitter to cover a fading mani. B/c glitter makes everything better...except for hotdogs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need some striping tape in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...