Lit from Within: GOT Some Ruffly Yellows
-->

Thursday, July 17, 2014

GOT Some Ruffly Yellows


Hello, Fireflies!

You know you're a polish hoarder when...

...there is a yellow challenge, and, even though you rarely wear yellow polish, you still have to narrow down what you want, and even so, still have 4 to use for the challenge.  Sigh.

The first yellow is your typical horrible yellow formula - streaky, patchy, sheer.  I suppose I keep Ulta Cream Of The Crop because it does remind me of fresh white corn.

Ulta Cream Of The Crop

I hear that this next yellow's formula is changing or that it's being discontinued? Too bad, because Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow is actually a great little sunshine yellow.  I applied it here with a dotting tool to get that ruffly effect.

Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow

I am making a real mess with this mani!

Bondi Brick Road is a goldenrod yellow.  I don't know if you can get Bondi anymore.  There was some drama about this subscription service, and I know the money I had invested into the subscription for future boxes was returned to me.  Plenty of other yellows to be found.

Bondi Brick Road

This ruffled mani is rounded out with Nails inc Hampstead Road, a 'trend shade'.  I suspect that 'trend' here means 'so ugly it's kinda cute' in the way that 'cozy' means 'small' in Real Estate ads.  I can't imagine ever wanting to paint my nails mustard yellow, but I kinda like it as the finishing color in this ruffle.

Nails inc Hampstead Road

For someone who isn't that big into yellow polishes (except for Superhero nail art, lol) I actually really liked this!


Bottle shot:  Ulta Cream Of The Crop, Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, Bondi Brick Road, and Nails inc Hampstead Road.

Bottle shot:  Ulta Cream Of The Crop, Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, Bondi Brick Road, and Nails inc Hampstead Road.


Have you tried a color of makeup or polish that you thought you'd hate, but ended up liking it on you?


26 comments:

  1. I like the transitional effect. Great mani for summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mani!! Great colors, really complementary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I don't care for any of the colors by themselves but love how they look together as a ruffle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh, I really like how this combo turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love yellow! This is so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That makes me think of bright summer flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet! it reminds me of a little girl's pageant dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The combination of shades is really nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funky look! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute and yellow! Like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never done this style of mani before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo tutorial, please? I really want to know how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like this design! I bet it would look great with contrasting colors too

    ReplyDelete
  15. i really like this design and i love the way you created it

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have many yellows, but I do need to stock up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool and fancy design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's like all of my fav mustards on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty design. I could do this with purple polish, but yellow is not my fave. :-/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...