Lit from Within: A Wild Lippie Appears!
-->

Monday, July 7, 2014

A Wild Lippie Appears!

Hello, Fireflies!

I love lippies! I have so many in all different colors and textures, but lately I've found myself attracted to colors that are a little outside the box.  So, I picked a few of the wild ones to try on and tame!


MAC Pure Heroine, from their Lorde-inspired line, is a dark aubergine purple.  It's a great vampy color that is so gorgeous! It's my first MAC lipstick, and its everything I hoped for.  Great color, and feels great on. 

 

Milani Bella Blue is a mottled purplish-blue lipstick.  I love the purple sheen, but I wish the color were more opaque.  I felt like this color just accentuated every crease on my lips.  I'm going to try and layer this one over a nice, creamy, opaque color.


I really wanted to try the purple trend this year, and Milani Violet Volt hit the mark perfectly! It's a very wearable purple that is actually flattering.  It feels great, wears well, and I love it so much, I accidentally bought it twice.


Milani Violet Addict looks like it might be the same color as Violet Volt from the packaging, but this one pulls more bright fuchsia on me.  This is my first color from Milani's Lip Intense line, and I really like it.  I do tend to prefer a liquid lipcolor to a gloss.  I just like more opacity, which this definitely has. 


I was actually hoping that Sally Girl Magic Green would be green! Not that I could actually pull off a green lipstick.  Well, maybe.  This turns bright pink as soon as it's applied.  There is some tingling action with this one.  After trying this one and Magic Orange, I had to stop trying on lippies because my lips were hurting!


Sally Girl Magic Orange also changes colors on the lips.  This one turned coral pink on me.  The orange is more prevalent in the inside of my lips, almost like an ombre effect.  I really like this one, even with the tingling. 


Do you 'gotta catch 'em all'?  What colors have you tried (or wanted to try) that were outside your comfort zone?

20 comments:

  1. Those are definitely some bold and interesting lip colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I was hoping that Milani's blue was a more opaque blue. It seems like all drugstore companies cop out with their blues and have it super sheer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud you for going outside the norm. Isn't it fun? I'm glad you picked up Lorde. And Oh, I like Milani Volt too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for lipping it outside the box! Violet Volt and Violet Addict are two of my favorite purple lippies. Bella Blue makes me look scary, I use it for layering. I'm so glad you found ones you like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl for going outside the norm. The MAC Pure Heroine, I need. And I love the Milani Violet Addict on you. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Violet Addict looks like one I might wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Violet Volt! That's my favorite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Violet Volt is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Violet Addict look pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say you have an expansive lippie wardrobe. Something for every mood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great swatches! I like Pure Heroine - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love the Milani ones on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hoping this didn't post twice but I looooove the blue on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Violet Addict and Violet Volt... those are my jam baby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now those are some funky colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...