Lit from Within: Green Shimmer and Suede
-->

Monday, July 21, 2014

Green Shimmer and Suede

Hello, Fireflies!

When NYX had their 25% off sale, I went looking on their site and saw this palette I'd not heard of.  So, I'm not sure if it's just new-to-me, or new, but I had to have it.  Suede!

NYX Suede Collection

These are shimmery colors with a rather unique texture.  I guess they're like cream-to-powder? They're not full-on creamy, but they're not a powdery texture, either.  They're very soft, and moderately pigmented.  They don't have names, only numbers, and I've swatched them in order on my arm (without primer, but apparently over my arm hair.  How embarrassing.)

NYX Suede Collection swatched without primer

The first two weren't that pigmented on my arm, but they showed up just fine over Urban Decay primer on my lids and under the brow.  I used the greenish ones in the crease.  
I decided to revisit some of the makeup I'd used in the past, like this bottle of Olay CC Cream (check it out, I almost finished it?!) I was using before I got the Cover FX. 

Um, I don't like that Olay any more.  Felt like it didn't cover *anything*. Basically, it's a tinted moisturizer.


I finally got to try the DHC Premium Lipstick GE, and I really like them! This is RD109.  I believe it's also known as Velvet Red? It's a very soft red, muted, but still pigmented.  Totally worth trying if you love lippies!


The stable of makeup: IT Cosmetics Radiance Palette, NYX Suedes Collection, Olay CC Cream, Rimmel ScandalEyes, Tarte Maracuja concealer in light, IT Cosmetics brow pencil, UD primer, the DHC RD109, and Ulta liner in Dublin.


I love shimmer on my eyes and nails!  Look as this awesome copper shimmer in the olive green goodness that is Rescue Beauty Lounge Turn It Around.


Ermagerd! Shimmer!

Rescue Beauty Lounge Turn It Around

 Have you tried these NYX Suedes?  What do you think of a cream-to-powder formulation?

26 comments:

  1. That's a nice neutral everyday eyeshadow palette. I love getting a product on sale too. That green is gorgeous! Love the shimmer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 99% sure it's new! I just grabbed it at Ulta last week =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never seen the suedes. I think it may be new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - The Suede Collection is a new palette! I learned about it at Cosmoprof last week! NYX is just releasing it. I can't wait to find this at Ulta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhhh I think I need that palette and love love that pretty green polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your are the lady in green! The palette reminds me a little bit of a Jesse's Girl palette I just picked up in Atlanta, but the NYX is a little bit more restrained. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors! Wish they had more pigmentation

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, all around! I love those DHC lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This palette will be perfect for Fall. What lovely colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have seen a few of those palettes around but haven't picked it up yet, indeed I haven't tried much from NYX. I also have the same problem when swatching light shades on my arm, they don't show up well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that It Cosmetics Palette! That murky polish is also really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The eyeshadow palette looks like it has awesome fall shades!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love NYX palettes and those nails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never seen that palette either, but it looks great for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen that palette too, so maybe it's a new release then

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't buy NYX stuff nearly often enough for how much I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love NYX palettes - definitely checking this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like NYX for concealers, lipsticks and blushers, just not a fan of their shadows. Maybe they have re-formulated?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your nails. I have been eyeing that NYX palette for a while now. Not sure I'm convinced I need it but it's great to see you talk about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both the palette and the polish!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a pretty palette! I dont think I would get it because they dont look that rich in pigmentation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...