Lit from Within: Shades of Grey
-->

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Shades of Grey

Let's just address the elephant in the room, shall we?  Yes, I read the books.  Yes, they were trashy and unrealistic depictions of consensual S&M relationships.  Yes, I know they were originally written as Twilight FanFic...  bad FanFic. 

Yes, I kinda enjoyed them anyway. 

I also love grey polish, and have lots of different versions of grey to wear.  I'd like to show you some today.

Different Dimension Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty.  This is the palest grey, almost white base, with white, grey, black, and holo glitters.  Maybe it was the kitty who scratched my index polish, because I have no idea how that got there.


Hare Dead Man's Bones.  Slightly darker, but still a light grey base, with tiny black and white or light blue glitters.  I love this one, and like other Hare's I've tried, great formula.  


Sindie Pop A Black and White Christmas.  This is actually a metallic silver base, with black and holo glitters.  This one would really benefit from a thick topcoat to keep the shine.  The metallic base does tend to hide the holo glitter, but it's still very pretty and easy to work with.


BG Cosmetics Black Ice.  Another silver base, this one has really cool iridescent hex glitters that look like shards of ice floating in the mix.  Not something everyone would notice, but a nice touch for the polish aficionado.  Nice formula, too.


Sonoma Nail Art Very Small Rocks.  From the 'Don't Eat The Polish' collaboration with Silly Bee's Chickadees, this polish is a medium grey with lots of white, black, and grey glitters.  Probably my fave formula, it was easy to apply with lots of glitter and no dabbing needed.


Liquid Glam Girl Next Door.  A medium-dark grey jelly base with lots of holographic sparkle.  Right up my alley.


Fanservice Nails I'll Wait for you.  A microglitter melange - dark grey and holo and blue.  I love the depth the glitter gives it, and it all came together nicely.


Sonoma Nail Art Chalkboard Nails.  An homage to a blogger, this is reminiscent of a chalkboard.  Not that you kids know what a chalkboard is anymore.  (Someone fetch me mah cane!)  Dark, dark grey - almost black, with white glitters.


Because there are so many Indies in this post, I've included either a link to their Facebook page or shop in the name of each polish, rather than at the end of the post like I usually do.  Also, if you're interested in the cute silver hammered ring I'm showing off in many of the pix, it's what actually inspired this post.  I got it from a fellow lacquer aficionado's Etsy shop of vintage things. 

If you like grey glittery polishes, there's a lot out there to choose from.  Do you like the light or dark grey? silver or jelly base?  Do you have a fave from this group?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...