Lit from Within: Silky dotticure
-->

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Silky dotticure

Oh, I love dots!  I know I've seen this type of dotticure before, but I can't think where.  If someone knows, please let me know, and I'll give credit where it's due.  Lord knows, I'm not creative enough to come up with this stuff on my own.  



I knew the moment I saw Orly Sapphire Silk (on sale!) I had to have it.  It is a teal blue, but without much green in it.  Like most Orlys, the formula was impeccable, and this blue is now one of my favorites.


I added dots, dripping down the nail, in China Glaze Aquadelic.  This polish is perfect for dotting - spreads nicely, doesn't get gunky on the dotting tool too quickly, and is nice and opaque. 


Hmm.  It kinda looks brown in this pix, but the next layer of dots is actually grey - China Glaze Concrete Catwalk. I wasn't sure it was going to show up well against the teal, but with a little help from the Aquadelic, I think it did okay.


To add a little interest, I then used Nina Ultra Pro Molten Copper, a lovely duochrome, over everything.  It looks a little different depending on what was under it.  This made the mani for me!


Seche Vite, and done.  Right hand:


I love dots - anyone got some links to new and different ways to wear them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...