Lit from Within: April showers bring May flowers.. in August
-->

Friday, August 3, 2012

April showers bring May flowers.. in August

I think I like painting flowers in nail art best because no one can convince me that I'm doing it wrong! lol.  Flowers just have their own character, and they're all a little different.

For this first mani, I started with a base of, appropriately enough, Sally Hansen Loves Me Not.  It's a lovely dark purple with a subtle metallic feel to it.  You can see some glittery shine, but there aren't chunks of glitter in it. 


I wanted to experiment with different types of flowers.  If I don't tell you what kind of flower I was trying to make, you won't know if I succeeded.  You see, my plan is all coming together.


This next mani you've seen part of before, if you're a follower of this blog.  This was my take on a 'stained glass' look, done with Sally Hansen Chromes.



Later, I decided that there needed to be some roses growing in front of the windows, and this mani was born.  Currently, it's in the Nailasauras' Load-N-Vote competition.  If you're voting in that, you may have seen it scroll by.


And, lastly, is a mani inspired by Robin Moses' Blue Bouquet flower nail art.  She's amazing!  I love blue polish, and I have a lot of it, so I thought it would be cool to do all sorts of different blue flowers, too.  This one started on a base of A-England Galahad.  Such a pretty blue, and so easy to work with.


 Here's all the blues I used in my flowers.  And a white on the end.


  My blue flower bouquet:
 

 I even did a version on my right hand:


Hope you enjoyed these flowers as much as I did making them.  Do you like painting flowers in nail art?  Do you focus on realism, or letting your imagination create all kinds of different flowers?

5 comments:

  1. Lovely mani's Nidia, I especially like the flowers over stained glass :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! They remind me of some of the fabrics from the very early 60s that ladies made summer dress up dresses out of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those! They remind me of some of the fabrics from the very early 60s that ladies made summer dress up dresses out of.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...