Lit from Within: Pin it Thursday
-->

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pin it Thursday

Pin it Thursday was started by Pinked Polish, and it's an opportunity to share our interpretations of the (many) manis we've all collected on Pinterest.

My original inspiration is this pin, which was done in Julep colors that I didn't have, so I used Pomegranate lacquer in Cyberspace and Blue Screen of Death.

Cyberspace is a lovely charcoal scattered holo, and Blue Screen of Death is a vivid cobalt blue jelly with shimmer.  Both had amazing formulas. Cyberspace only needed 2 coats with no special base or care, and BSoD needed 3, and still had a little VNL in the picture, but it wasn't noticible in real life.


I then used the corresponding color to make the pattern on the lower half of the nail.  I need a little practice to get it as sharp as the original pinner, but I really like how it came out - and it was so simple - not tools, tape, nothing, just the original polish brush.



 What do you think of this look?  Will you be pinning and trying it yourself?

3 comments:

  1. Gorg!!!! I have this one pinned myself:) I ♥ the way it turned out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe I forgot to link back to you for the original idea. Fixed that!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I love the combination..it looks so posh and chic. Thanks for sharing!!

    cheap clip in hair extensions online

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...