Lit from Within: Wow, my first blog award! The Liebster!
-->

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wow, my first blog award! The Liebster!



So, I received a comment today from Kristi at Hap Hap Happy Hands saying that she's nominating me for the Liebster Award! Basically, it's aimed towards bloggers with less than 200 followers (that's definitely me!) So here we go..


THE RULES:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.2. They must also answer the 11 questions the "tagger" has set for them. 3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag. 4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post. 5. These lucky bloggers must then be told. 6. There's no tag backs.

11 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I got my first tattoo for my 40th birthday.
2. I love dogs, but especially Rotties.
3. I'm an adjunct professor.  I love teaching.
4. I don't get along well with authority figures.
5. The thing I am most proud of is my awesome marriage.
6. I have really severe motion sickness.  I get motion sickness in a hammock, and even watching my husband play video games.
7.  My favorite food is ice cream.  Especially Ben & Jerry's.
8.  I dream a lot, remember a lot of my dreams, and they are almost never good ones.
9. I'm glad I don't have kids. 
10. I can't stop watching The Real World.
11. Like the little girl in the Peanuts cartoons, I am a bit vain about my naturally curly hair.


11 QUESTIONS FOR ME:

1. When did you start getting into nail polish?
I've liked painting my nails for as long as I can remember, but I wasn't really into it until earlier this year, when I started taking pictures, buying tons of polish, and started my blog!


2. What was your first (or favorite) lemming fulfilled?
My first lemming fulfilled was A-England Saint George (and Dragon at the same time.)  I'd never seen any polish like it!

3. What's your favorite color of nail polish, and is it different than your favorite everyday color?
I love blues probably more than any other color.  I'm still in the stage where I paint my nails almost every day, and I wear almost every color out there.


4. What other hobbies/interests do you have?
 I was a dog trainer in another life, and still enjoy helping people with their dogs. 

5. Do you have any pets?
Hubby and I have 4 dogs - Paksennarion (aka Pax) and Banjo are Rottie mixes, Bodie is a Boxer mix, and Lena is an Italian Greyhound or Whippet mix.  They range in size from 100 lbs to 30 lbs.  They're all adopted from shelters or rescue groups.


6. Why do you blog?
 I love the impermanent nature of nail art, but also felt the need to capture it in a more permanent way, so I started taking pix and sharing them on my Facebook.  I started the blog because I was tired of the 'you have a lot of time on your hands' comments from friends, and sought out a more like-minded group to share with.


7. Are you Team Helmer or Team Melmer? (Or Team Something Else?)
I would love a Helmer, but I actually have been using Sterilite drawers from Target to store my polishes, so I guess I'm team Melmer.
 
8. What's your current stash count (not including treatments)?
I don't know, and I don't want to count them, because I'll probably freak myself out.  Probably somewhere close to 1000 polishes, though, if I had to guess.


9. What's your favorite nail polish finish? Creme, jelly, shimmer, etc.
I love them all - even a good frost! lol.  Holographic finishes will always steal my heart, though.
 
10. What's your favorite drink?
Margarita!
 
11. What's your favorite TV show?
It was House.  I do love watching So You Think You Can Dance, though.




MY NOMINEES:   When I have some, I'll let them know.  In my idealistic world, it will mean something when I find a blog I want to give an award to...


MY NOMINEES:


11 QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. When did you start getting into nail polish?
2. What was your first (or favorite) lemming fulfilled?
3. What's your favorite color of nail polish, and is it different than your favorite everyday color?
4. What other hobbies/interests do you have?
5. Do you have any pets?
6. Why do you blog?
7. Are you Team Helmer or Team Melmer? (Or Team Something Else?)
8. What's your current stash count (not including treatments)?
9. What's your favorite nail polish finish? Creme, jelly, shimmer, etc.
10. What's your favorite drink?
11. What's your favorite TV show?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...