Lit from Within: Playing Around, Placing Glitter
-->

Friday, August 24, 2012

Playing Around, Placing Glitter

When I was a student, there was none of this electronic stuff in school.  You had wide-ruled paper and #2 pencils, and when I wanted to goof off, I didn't have a laptop or cell phone or ipad.

So, I did what every kid did then.  I doodled.

I think this mani is adult doodling.  I didn't know where I was going, I just thought the journey might be fun.


This is just the prettiest green-yellow!  SpaRitual Yes, I Can.  I love SpaRitual's formula - look at that shine with just 2 coats, and no topcoat.  The rubber grippy cap is a nice touch, too.


Ulta Not From Concentrate is a sheer, iridescent orange-gold.  I swirled it around my nails.


I like KleanColor glitters, but their formulas are very thick and goopy.  So I took 2 polishes - Golden Nirvana and Gold Caviar and put them on a palette and fished out whatever glitters I wanted and placed them around the swirls.


I did the same with some red glitters from Amy's Nail Boutique Marigold.  I thought there were red and orange glitters in there, but it looked all red to me.  It was a bit disappointing, actually.


Seche Vite to finish.


Right hand:


Not my favorite mani, but it was fun to experiment with the glitter.  Almost like creating a glitter mix, but without actually mixing the formulas.

Do you doodle on your nails, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...