Lit from Within: Rainbow Honey Sakura Matsuri Collection
-->

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Rainbow Honey Sakura Matsuri Collection

There's something about Rainbow Honey.  The attention to detail - the box art, the bottles, and the polishes!  I had to get the entire (mini) Rainbow Honey Sakura Matsuri Collection to try.



The collection consists of two shimmery colors and 3 glitters.  First up, Wistful, a beautiful green apple shimmer with a thick texture.  Too thick, in fact.  I try not to thin a polish until I've at least swatched it, but I couldn't get through 2 fingers with the gloopy mess I was making.  A little thinner, and I was good to go.



I put each of the three glitters over wistful.  This is the collection namesake, Sakura Matsuri.  I didn't even realize I didn't get a flower!  There were plenty in there, I probably didn't mix it up well before application.



Next, Hanami.  I liked the play of different sized pink glitters, and even the pink-tinted green base just fine, but it didn't wow me.


My favorite of the glitters was definitely Koi Pond.  I just couldn't capture how cool it was on camera.  The blues are really deep and seem to glow.  It really does look like so many levels of water and bright orange goldfish swimming around.  I have tons of blue glitters, but this is a favorite.


Koi Pond, Hanami, Sikura Matsuri and Wistful alone.


The other color in this collection is Ephemeral, a delicate pink shimmer.  It also had the same thickness problems as Wistful, and needed thinning right away.  I don't wear a lot of pinks, and I don't know if I'll be adding this one to my permanent collection.



Sikura Matsuri over Ephemeral.  This time, I got a flower without even trying.  I don't have any flower glitters.  There's something very delicate and pretty about the pink with the glitter and a flower, like cherry blossoms.



Hanami over Ephemeral.  Pink over pink over pink.  I think it would look better if there were more of the larger burgundy glitters.


Koi Pond over Ephemeral.  Still my favorite glitter, though I prefer it over the green.


 Koi Pond, Hanami, and Sikura Matsuri over Ephemeral, and Ephemeral alone.


This collection had some really high points and some disappointments for me.  Koi Pond is one of the prettiest glitters ever - you have to see it in person.  I liked the flowers and pink in Sakura Matsuri. Hanami was wasted on me, as I didn't think it added much to either base color. The formula in the base colors was really difficult, and novice customers will find it unusable, I think.

What do you think?  Will you be getting this collection or a part of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...