Lit from Within: Purple Daisies - inspired by Robin Moses
-->

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Purple Daisies - inspired by Robin Moses

Another seafoam/mint green.  Why do I have so many of these?  This is Urban Outfitters Smush. It's nice, but it's about to become a part of something, dare I say, amazing.


I ran across an UO and just had to try their polishes, so I picked up this and a blue, and a couple of glitters.  Love the bottle, love the color.  I only did one coat, because I knew I wanted to pair it with another polish.


Can you see the green shimmer in Elixir Lacquer Miss Kitty's Meow?  It's the same color as Smush. 


I fell in love with this pairing.  I think this is one of those cases where the two polishes together made up something more than each polish alone.  While it's gorgeous plain, I felt the itch to add some nail art.


This is a design inspired by Robin Moses' Pink and Purple Floral Sunset.   I really liked how the viewer seems to be looking up from below the daisies that are framed against a beautiful purple sunset.


I dabbed a little of Ulta Quit Metal-ing, a shimmery pink, on the top corners of the background to give the illusion of a gradient.  I painted the flowers in SpaRitual Shoot for the Stars, a dark purple, and Rimmel Wild Orchid, a rich lavender.  Right hand:


What do you think?  Would you try the nail art, or just enjoy the magical Miss Kitty on her own?

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...