Lit from Within: No, not green eggs - green jelly sandwich!
-->

Saturday, August 11, 2012

No, not green eggs - green jelly sandwich!

I didn't realize that when I was taking these pix, that I was working with vampyric bottles that don't photograph.  Why are there no bottles?  They are pretty bottles.  I don't know why they were shy that day.

I started with Le Chat Dare to Wear in Enchanted Forest, a gorgeous forest green jelly.  This is my favorite kind of jelly polish - you can see depth and texture, but it doesn't take forever to get opaque. 


I'm not sure what glitter I used.  It may be Wet and Wild Party of Five, or an unnamed Claire's glitter, or an Indie.  I'm completely blanking.  In a jelly sandwich so dark, I think the most important thing is that it have a lot of silver and light glitter.


By covering it up with such a dark jelly, I did lose some of the glitter, but it wasn't a big deal.  There is still plenty of shiny coming through.  And I love how some of the glitter looks like buried treasure in a green ocean.  


 Right hand:


 Do you like jelly sandwiches?  Will you do one with a dark color like this green?


4 comments:

  1. I like the green glitter on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather subtle in the sandwich. Maybe I should just use silver glitter in any sandwich - not like you see much of the color, anyway!

      Delete
  2. I love these! I especially love the vampirric bottles, that's hilarious. It could be worse, they could sparkle in the sunlight... oh wait a minute, loads of nail polish does *confused* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twilight ruined it for everyone, right? lol!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...