Lit from Within: A Tale of Aly's Firebrick and a Fall Dotticure
-->

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Tale of Aly's Firebrick and a Fall Dotticure

Hello, Fireflies!

Once upon a time, there was a little Indie named Aly's Dream Polish.  She burst on the scene with a zillion holos, and *blew my mind*.  So much, so, that I couldn't decide which I wanted... so I didn't buy any. I had a sad.

And then, she got popular, and all the pretty bottles found other homes, and I had a sad.

And then, she got sick and went away, and I had MOAR sad.

One day, the Princess Aly awoke from her sickness and had a huge PRESALE! where all the pretties were available, if the masses were able to pass the trials of PATIENCE and then present the GOLD.

And, lo, I passed the trials, and bought (among others) the lovely Aly's Dream Polish Firebrick.

Aly's Dream Polish Firebrick

And my sad went away, banished from the Kingdom, never to return. 

Aly's Dream Polish Firebrick

I absolutely love it.  Perfect blend of reddish brown, with the scattered holo that evokes fire.

I actually wore it by itself for awhile before I messed with it.  I had purchased a set of Essence Vintage District polishes from a blog sale, and thought that the three would make a fun dotticure with Firebrick.

I started with Shopping @ Portobello Road, a dusty-yet-vibrant teal.

Shopping @ Portobello Road

I am forever on the hunt for that perfect peachy-melon color, and if this isn't it, it's darn close.  Vintage Peach is lovely!

perfect peachy-melon color

The last layer of dots I did with Antique Pink, another dusty-but-vibrant color.  Definitely not an old-lady rose color.

Antique Pink, another dusty-but-vibrant color.

I just love how they all went together.  The Vintage District polishes are so cool - it's almost like they took a neon and toned it down - the color is still bright and pigmented, but it's not in-your-face loud.  I really like them!


I also like the half-moon effect I got by leaving the top-third of the nail free of dots. I couldn't bear to cover up all of Firebrick!


Bottle shot:  Essence Vintage District polishes in Shopping @ Portobello Road, Antique Pink, and Vintage Peach, and also Aly's Dream Polish Firebrick.

Bottle shot:  Essence Vintage District polishes in Shopping @ Portobello Road, Antique Pink, and Vintage Peach, and also Aly's Dream Polish Firebrick.

So, dear traveler, be forewarned that it may not be a simple task to acquire the fabled Dream Polish of Aly, but it may be worth it!

7 comments:

  1. Love your base color and the dots on top add a cute touch ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I am loving Firebrick, and the dotticure was a happy accident!

      Delete
  2. The base colour looks so good on its own but I also love what you've incorporated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's sometimes a crapshoot adding art to a polish you love! You never know if it's going to look better... or if I should have stopped while I was ahead!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...