Lit from Within: NYE Pretty Peach Party Nails!
-->

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

NYE Pretty Peach Party Nails!

Hello, Fireflies!

It's here, the last day of 2013!

I'm wrapping this year up with a soft, pretty, glittery mani that should work for all occasions.

I started with Lacquer Lust Sweet Georgia Peach.  Unlike my other Lacquer Lusts, this one isn't a holo! Color me surprised.  Peach surprise.  Yum!

Lacquer Lust Sweet Georgia Peach

Not absolutely in love with the formula, actually.  You can see that I had a little trouble getting a smooth, opaque nail.


I love this new color from Mariah Carey's OPI Holiday collection.  Ski Slope Sweetie is sheer, but with a heavy gold shimmer.  You can be looking at it one way, and not see much at all, and then when the light hits it from a different direction, the shimmer is so opaque, the polish just looks gold!

Ski Slope Sweetie

Darling Diva Polish The Big "O" is chock full of iridescent glitter.  They're not flakies, per se, but they're not mylar shards, either.  They are closer to the awesomeness of flakies, but in a glitter.  I love them, and they look spectacular when they catch the light.

Darling Diva Polish The Big "O"

There is something about the iridescent glitter over the gold shimmer over the delicate peach.  It's like I'm riding a unicorn out of 2013! Onward and upward!


Bottle shot:  Lacquer Lust Sweet Georgia Peach, OPI Ski Slope Sweetie, and Darling Diva Polish The Big "O".

Bottle shot:  Lacquer Lust Sweet Georgia Peach, OPI Ski Slope Sweetie, and Darling Diva Polish The Big "O".

How are you bringing in the New Year?  I love to watch the holiday special Rudolph's Shiny New Year every NYE! 

I wish all my Fireflies a wonderful and happy New Year! Thanks for being with me this year on my journey!

30 comments:

  1. Love the sparkle to it! Great manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I was surprised at how much I loved the iridescent glitter over a light color - I usually am more drawn to the darker, jewel tones.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful nail design. It seems easy, too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was easy, truly! If you try it, I'd love to see your version!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this mani!!! Great color combo!!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it would go great with your Bare Minerals Go For The Glow look! Pink and sparkly everywhere...

      Delete
  5. We aren't doing a darn thing! haha Just sitting at home :) Your mani kinda looks like ice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sitting at home, too! Watched a couple of movies with the hubby. Peach Ice! It's a bellini... lol

      Delete
  6. I love that Darling Diva glitter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Her new Opal collection is pretty cool, too.

      Delete
  7. What a pretty, delicate layering combo. :)

    I am going to watch the ball drop from New York west ward, on TV as usual. Probably fall asleep too early. I am such a party animal. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could see it in person, but I wouldn't want to be right in Times Square on NYE. I did enjoy staying in Times Square on a trip to NYC once, though.

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year!! Doing for NYE? Watch the ball drop at home and eat good food like there's no tomorrow, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MMmm, om nom nom. The food part sounds awesome. I made carnitas for the first time, soo good!

      Delete
  9. this came out super cute - love it. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that OPI one over the peach. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every once in a while, OPI stuns me. I really like this one.

      Delete
  11. I love the peach color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love a delicate peach polish - I'm always looking for the 'perfect' one.

      Delete
  12. That's such a pretty combo of colors! - Sheila (Painted Ladies)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely combo! I really like Sweet Georgia Peach on its own, there's something very appealing about that subtle rosy shimmer peeking through :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, that shimmer does really elevate that polish!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...