Lit from Within: Art Challenge - Starts Abstract..goes even more Abstract
-->

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Art Challenge - Starts Abstract..goes even more Abstract


Hello, Fireflies!

Yes, yes, YES! This is the LAST art challenge!  I love challenges because they make me try new things that I might not have tried otherwise.  I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed the feeling of inadequacy, though.  This month was so hard for me, and I'm truly humbled by artists who know what they're doing!!


Today's mani was inspired by this "Abstract Tree with Hearts and Birds" that I found on a stock photo site.


I used Wet 'n Wild Black Creme for the background, and Revlon Indigo Night for the tree and birds.  I mixed in a little black where I needed some darker areas, and where I needed a highlight, I mixed in some Aly's Dream Polish Bayouberry.


Bottle shot:  Wet n Wild Black Creme, Revlon Indigo Night, and Aly's Dream Polish Bayouberry.

Bottle shot:  Wet n Wild Black Creme, Revlon Indigo Night, and Aly's Dream Polish Bayouberry

Are there any nail challenges you dread or refuse to do?





6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I struggled so much with this month's challenges! Thanks for the kind words of encouragement!!

      Delete
  2. This manicure is great! It is a nice design and your recreation is very good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are our own worst critics, right? Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete
  3. I like this look (and all the other ones you did too!) I'm glad that even though you were DREADING this theme that you tackled it head on and did an awesome job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means so much coming from you! I love your manis. Thanks for the encouragement! <3

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...