Lit from Within: Rosy Ruffian
-->

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Rosy Ruffian

Hello, Fireflies!

I really liked the inspirational mani I found to inspire today and tomorrow's mani, but I'm kinda bummed that I can't attribute it to a particular person.  The trend of collecting manis from all over and putting them on one blog page by theme is nice, in theory, but only when the credit goes along with it. 

And, for some reason, these 'collectors' don't like to get permission to use other people's pix.  Hmm.  I don't know if the pix was ever watermarked, or if all the pix are from one nail artist, but lots of different clients.. I just don't know.  But, I don't want you guys to think that it's my own creation, so I'm going to give credit to the page where I found it, and let karma sort out the rest.

I started out with NOPI Girl Talk, a reddish-brown jelly.  Great shine, but it took 3 to 3.5 coats for opacity.

NOPI Girl Talk, a reddish-brown jelly

I do love colors like this, though.  I think vampy reds are tres chic! (I said it in French, so it would have extra chic.)

NOPI Girl Talk, a reddish-brown jelly

Have you seen the new Ballerina collection from A-England? This one, Her Rose Adagio, I knew I wanted right away.  I love how the slight rose tint marries with Girl Talk.  I love the formulas on A-England polishes.  Always smooth as butter, and often one-coaters, if you're careful with application.

A-England Her Rose Adagio

For today's dose of crazy, I decided to take tiny glitters and place them, one-by-one, around the edge of the Ruffian.

take tiny glitters and place them, one-by-one, around the edge of the Ruffian

I love this.  For me, it's when the whole is greater than the sum of its parts - the holo, the glitter, the rose tint with the reddish brown.. yeah, it made me happy.


I prob'ly stared at my mani for a while.  I may have also made moony faces and kissy noises, but I ain't tellin.


Bottle shot:  NOPI Girl Talk, and A-England Her Rose Adagio.

Bottle shot:  NOPI Girl Talk, and A-England Her Rose Adagio.

As much of a pain placing all that glitter was, I did it again! Stay tuned for tomorrow's twist on this Ruffian!

4 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...