Lit from Within: Black and White and Stripes and Dots #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, December 16, 2013

Black and White and Stripes and Dots #NailArtForNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

It's time for another edition of Nail Art for Nubs!

This week, I take a Pinterest pin I saw for a gorgeous black & white French and dotticure from Saida Nails, and adapt it for nubbins.

I won't lie - it would probably look better on longer nails.  But, I won't let that stop me!

I started with Julep Teresa, a light - and a little frosty - pink.  It's the kind of color I wore as a young girl - the only color I was pretty much allowed to wear!

Julep Teresa, a light - and a little frosty - pink

I dabbed on some of the Orly MatteFX Pink Flakie. Totally changes everything, doesn't it?  It's amazing... it's mind-blowing.  It's.. well, I can't tell the difference.  Sorry.

Orly MatteFX Pink Flakie

Going for the Goth French tip with Cult Nails Nevermore.  When you have nubbins, creating the deep curve in the tip can give the illusion of longer nails.

Going for the Goth French tip with Cult Nails Nevermore

Now, a white stripe straight across the tip, with Cult Nails Tempest.

Cult Nails Tempest

Using my black art striper came in handy for evening out the black and fixing little mistakes I might - MIGHT - have made.  Not that I make any.  Nope.  I'm all about perfection on this blog.


I used a dotting tool for the alternating black and white dots.  If you think you're never going to use math again after high school, try making a line of straight, alternating dots (doing only one color at a time) without using a little mental calculation.

As you can tell, I was never very good at math.


Look, Ma, both hands!


Bottle shot:  Julep Teresa, Orly MatteFX Pink Flakie, Cult Nails Nevermore & Tempest, and a black art striper.

Bottle shot:  Julep Teresa, Orly MatteFX Pink Flakie, Cult Nails Nevermore & Tempest, and a black art striper.

So, what do you think of this black & white French?  Pretty crazy!





5 comments:

  1. Love the black and white together! So classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love black and white together! In a way, this mani reminded me of those 'saddle shoes' that were popular when I was a kid!

      Delete
  2. Cute! Makes me think of tuxedos lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...