Lit from Within: Dreaming of a White Christmas
-->

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Hello, Fireflies!

I grew up in northern Virginia, where we rarely had White Christmases, but it was seasonably cold, and there was always that hope.

It was always great when it snowed, because the whole town would shut down if it even *looked* like snow, and we'd get a day off from school! yay!

Now that I live in Florida, there's no chance of snow.  In fact, it's pretty darn warm here as I write this.  But, I can still have a white Christmas on my nails!

I started with Colors by Llarowe Oh Christmas Tree. 

Colors by Llarowe Oh Christmas Tree

This is such a neat holo - it's emerald green, but with a LOT of blue in it.  Almost a duochrome holo effect.

This is such a neat holo - it's emerald green, but with a LOT of blue in it.

The snowflakes on my thumb and ring finger were done from this very cool Fair Isle Snowflake tutorial.  I loved the stylized flakes! I don't know if I've ever seen them before, but certainly not in nail art.  The other snowflakes were patterned after this Snowflake tutorial.
 

For my middle finger, I just went through my box of used nail art stones and just put random bling on!  So much fun.


Bottle shot:  Colors by Llarowe Oh Christmas Tree, black and white nail art stripers.

Bottle shot:  Colors by Llarowe Oh Christmas Tree, black and white nail art stripers

Are you dreaming of a White Christmas, or like me, having to make do with painted snowflakes?

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...