Lit from Within: Abstract Santa Hat - #NailArtforNubs
-->

Monday, December 23, 2013

Abstract Santa Hat - #NailArtforNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

I'm kinda excited about today's mani.  I think it turned out kinda cool.  I started off with a unique polish from Colors by Llarowe, Precious Metal.  It's a light grey with a heavy red shimmer. 

Colors by Llarowe, Precious Metal.  It's a light grey with a heavy red shimmer

I think that red shimmer effect is so neat!

Colors by Llarowe, Precious Metal.  It's a light grey with a heavy red shimmer

The art that I did was inspired by this Pinterest that doesn't link anywhere.  And, the pix wasn't watermarked.  So, whoever did the original art, out there in the ether... thank you! I love it!

My version goes more red.  I painted diagonal tips on each nail with China Glaze Hawaiian Punch, and then a smaller triangle over that with Sally Hansen Red Zin.  I will say, in Real Life, the color differences were much more subtle, and I would recommend using colors with a bit more contrast.

I painted diagonal tips on each nail with China Glaze Hawaiian Punch, and then a smaller triangle over that with Sally Hansen Red Zin.

On the other side, I painted the diagonal in the very light grey creme, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  The overall effect is a multi-colored French tip.


I placed tiny glitters along each red side, and a red rhinestone off-center.  I think it looks like Picasso's Santa Hat.


Bottle shot:  Colors by Llarowe Precious Metal, China Glaze Hawaiian Punch, Sally Hansen Red Zin, and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.

Bottle shot:  Colors by Llarowe Precious Metal, China Glaze Hawaiian Punch, Sally Hansen Red Zin, and OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.

Can you see the abstract hat?  Or does it just bug you that the stone is off-center?






8 comments:

  1. I love this! What a unique take on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just wish I knew who to credit the original design to!

      Delete
  2. Love it! It's festive without being cutesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I did a lot of cutesy holiday manis last year, and this year I wasn't feeling the same way, so this was perfect.

      Delete
  3. Dead sexy!!!!! I'm in love with the first polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Revlon makes a white with a red shimmer, I think it's called Runway Pearl? It's not a common shimmer, I don't think!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...