Lit from Within: Simple, Sparkly, Soya, uh, Zoya
-->

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Simple, Sparkly, Soya, uh, Zoya

Hi, Fireflies!

I love purple polish.  Purple is also my husband's favorite color, so it was fun to come up with an all-purple mani that was simple and sparkly.

I was inspired also by this mani from Gnarly Gnails.  I just love the simplicity of it, yet it's still eye-catching.

I started with Zoya Juno, a red-violet shimmer that looks duochrome-y in the bottle, but it doesn't really translate to the nail.

Zoya Juno, a red-violet shimmer

Once Juno was *completely* dry, I trimmed the corner of a piece of clear tape and placed it on the center-top area of my nail, and painted over the rest of the nail with Zoya Payton.

I trimmed the corner of a piece of clear tape and placed it on the center-top area of my nail

Sometimes when I do a mani like this, I'll add a black or silver or glitter line to separate the two colors, but in this case, I loved how they transitioned into each other.  I think it works especially well because the two polishes are from the same brand.  It's a very scientific hypothesis, really.

I loved how they transitioned into each other

Payton is just gorgeous.  It reminds me of another Zoya fave, Storm.  Same kind of jelly base and scattered holo glitter.  Perfect for the holidays!

 
All you need for this look:  Zoya Juno, Zoya Payton, and some tape.  Well, maybe some scissors, too.  And a steady hand!

Zoya Juno, Zoya Payton, and some tape


Do you like this kind of transition, or would you add a contrasting line between the two purples?

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...