Lit from Within: #NailArtForNubs - Butt Bootie Gradient Stripes
-->

Monday, December 9, 2013

#NailArtForNubs - Butt Bootie Gradient Stripes

Hello, Fireflies!

How could I resist a polish called, "Butt Bootie Naked"?  It's genius, I tell ya.  Add that to my love of nudes (of all kinds, natch) and I had to get this holo polish from Lacquer Lust.

Lacquer Lust Butt Bootie Naked

Apparently, there are several incarnations of this polish, the most coveted being the first edition, which is apparently more nude.  I got this secondhand, so I'm not sure which version it is.  On me, this version looks like a light grey... so I was a little disappointed.  I mean, I like grey, but I was not expecting it. 

Maybe a zombie's naked bootie is grey, but mine isn't.

Lacquer Lust Butt Bootie Naked

So, I took my lemons and added vodka and sugar.  Striping tape over everything, in whatever pattern I chose, and then I took Gothic Gala Lacquers in Vallis Sanguine and Vallis Te'nebris and did a rudimentary gradient over the tape.

Striping tape over everything

Vallis Sanguine is more holo than Te'nebris, but they are both really pretty.  Unfortunately, I think the holo was a little lost in this mani.


I like grey with purple and wine colors, so this mani was a winner for me. 


What I used:  Lacquer Lust Butt Bootie Naked, Gothic Gala Lacquers Vallis Sanguine and Vallis Te'nebris, and some striping tape.

Lacquer Lust Butt Bootie Naked, Gothic Gala Lacquers Vallis Sanguine and Vallis Te'nebris, and some striping tape.

No matter how short your nubs are, I think this would look good.  You can alter the tape pattern however you like, and make the gradient more subtle - or even just have a hint of one color at the top. Plus, having nubs saves tape.  There's your lemonade!






6 comments:

  1. That's a pretty base color you have for this manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gradient!!! super pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty gradient! I have yet to successfully do a gradient lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you can see mine isn't seamless, either. I don't think I even bothered with sponges for this one, because I was worried about getting the tape off! In Real Life, they all look pretty good, you know - even ones we think are fails. Nobody else looks at our nails as closely! lol

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...