Lit from Within: Heart Tips - #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, December 30, 2013

Heart Tips - #NailArtForNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

This is my second post of the day!  If you missed it, please check out my review of a set of Crown Brush HD Cosmetic brushes.  I highly recommend them!

I'm kinda excited about today's nail art.  I was inspired by this Pinterest pin, which, of course, doesn't tell me who to credit. Argh!  Well, whoever you are, thanks for the cute design idea!

I did this for a nail friend who was having a rough time.  Some of us decided to do pink manis in an attempt to cheer her up and show our support.


I started with Jade Aurora, a lovely bright, light pink holo.  Have you picked up a Jade holo yet?  For about $7, you get just about the best holo bang for your buck.  They are a Brazilian brand, so if you're like me, you'll have to order it from Llarowe or Ninja Polish.


Jade Aurora, a lovely delicate pink holo

No muss, no fuss, just a beautiful linear rainbow.

Jade Aurora, a lovely delicate pink holo

I've outlined hearts several ways - sometimes I paint the whole heart in the outline color and then do a smaller heart inside.  This time, I did the pink heart first in Zoya Mason, and then did an outline with my black nail art striper.

I did the pink heart first in Zoya Mason, and then did an outline with my black nail art striper

I also used the striper to make the swirl around the heart.  With longer nails, this looks more like a French tip, but by making the swirl thin out and curl at the top, you can give the illusion of more length.

I also used the striper to make the swirl around the heart.

I even painted my right hand... though it took a lot longer, and I made more mistakes.  This is still a proud moment.  *sniff*

I even painted my right hand

This would also be a fun mani for Valentines' Day, or maybe even an anniversary.  I would caution against wearing this on a first date, lest you seem too eager.


Bottle shot:  Jade Aurora, Zoya Mason, and a black striper

Bottle shot:  Jade Aurora, Zoya Mason, and a black striper

I don't normally wear a lot of hearts, but I do like these!  Not too cutesy, but definitely an attention-getter!  Would you wear your heart on your nails?





4 comments:

  1. Cute! I make mistakes painting my right hand too lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So jealous of ambidextrous nail painters! I think that's why I try to share everything I paint on my right hand - I'm so proud when it actually comes out looking half-way decent! lol.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...