Lit from Within: Sparkly Party Nails!
-->

Friday, December 27, 2013

Sparkly Party Nails!

Hello, Fireflies!

Are you getting ready for the NYE parties?  I saw this nail art in a pamphlet I received from Sephora, and I thought it would be perfect for the blingy holiday season.

I started with a stripe of  Everybeauty Blasted, a collection of silver glitters in a clear base.  This was easier to do by painting the glitter on a makeup sponge and dabbing it where I wanted.  Otherwise, you'll have too much base to get a thick layer of  glitter.

Everybeauty Blasted, a collection of silver glitters in a clear base

Then I painted Color Club Williamsburg, a metallic blue with shimmer, on the sides.

Color Club Williamsburg

In retrospect, I should have put a strip of tape down the center of my nails, painted the sides, let it dry, and THEN added the glitter.

I bet it would have been easier, and I'd have straighter lines.  With the sponge technique, it's easier to get the glitter exactly where you want it, too.


I think this is so unique!  If you have longer nails, and you don't like the VNL showing through, I'd think using a sheer nude under everything would help with that. 


What kinds of party nails have you been wearing this holiday season?  I'd love for you to share them on my wall!

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...