Lit from Within: Bumpy Bond Bombshells
-->

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bumpy Bond Bombshells

Hello, Fireflies!

I find it amusing that OPI decided to name a series of textured polishes after some of the most beautiful women in the world.. women who, I am sure, spent a great deal of time, money, and energy to make sure that they never felt or looked bumpy.

Oh, the irony.

I also find it amusing that this lovely pink polish, OPI Pussy Galore, caused such an uproar amongst the Puritanical masses. 

OPI Pussy Galore

I didn't expect to like Pussy Galore, as I've gotten away from pink polishes, largely.  I have to say, though, I really like it.  It might be the subtle shimmer, or the fact that this pink looks great with my skintone.

OPI Pussy Galore

I knew I wanted and would love OPI Vesper.  Why it is deep, deep plum in the bottle, but royal purple on the nail is pure magic and unexplainable to me.

 OPI Vesper

Vesper doesn't have the shimmer of Pussy Galore.  It's almost matte.  I love the color.  I'll have to do a mani with it as the predominant color soon.  Right now, though, the stripes have won.  One more pink stripe (or two, on the thumb) and I'm happy with the results!


I even like it with topcoat.  These Bond Girls play nice together.



I'm still liking textures!  Even with topcoat, polishes like Pussy Galore have that special shimmer that looks great.  Have you tried doing some nail art with textured polishes?

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I'm just now starting to accept the textures into my collection...its only taken me...6 or more months? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you! As quickly as crackles came and went, I wasn't quick to buy too many, either... at first. Now, I own a bunch, and love them all. And, when the trend is over, put a little topcoat on, and no one is the wiser!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...