Lit from Within: Art Challenge - The Green House
-->

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Art Challenge - The Green House



Hello, Fireflies!

This month's Nail Challenge Collaborative challenge is Inspired By Art.  Well, I'm no arteest, ya know?  But, a challenge is a challenge, and I learn more from failure than success, right?

I learned a LOT.

I found this pix by gingado on Deviant Art, and thought it would make a nice, festive inspiration for today.  It's called, "The Green House."


I really had no idea what I was doing, so I didn't take any step-by-step pictures.


It's, uh, green... and there are some red doors.  You see the resemblance, right?


I decided that a wax topcoat would give it a closer resemblance to the photo.


I was just hoping that something - anything - would make it look better.


Here's alllllll the colors I used:  SOPI I Come In Peas, NOPI Green Up Your Act, China Glaze Keep Calm, Paint On, SOPI Absinthe Makes the Heart, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Sally Hansen Red Zin, China Glaze Hawaiian Punch, Cult Nails Wax That, Maybelline Bold Gold, Milani White On The Spot, and Zoya Cassedy.  *whew*


You'd think something called, 'The Green House' would be easy!  Maybe next time I'll try some Michaelangelo.





2 comments:

  1. Nice job recreating the green house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are, as usual, too kind and generous! Thanks, Lisa!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...