Lit from Within: #NailArtForNubs - Read Between The Lines!
-->

Monday, December 2, 2013

#NailArtForNubs - Read Between The Lines!

Hello, Fireflies!

It's time again to celebrate the shorties!  The look I chose to emulate comes from Instagram Cucumbertini.  She has beautiful long nails, but I think this art lends itself to nubbins quite well - and may even give the illusion of longer nails.

I started with Julep Winter, a lovely light grey creme.  I love this trend of grey nails - every shade, every texture.  So chic.

Julep Winter, a lovely light grey creme.

I used Scotch tape, placed on a diagonal, so that my lines would end sharply.  This, Fireflies, is what happens when you don't wait for the polish to be *completely* dry before you apply tape.  It pulls up the polish!

I used Scotch tape, placed on a diagonal, so that my lines would end sharply

I didn't realize that Julep Lola had a satin finish, but it didn't matter, because of the topcoat.  Lovely, lovely topcoat, which also smoothed out my tape mistake.  And, it also smudged my lines.  Double-edged sword, that topcoat.  Apparently, I was all kinds of impatient with this mani.


I suppose if you were really OCD, you could use striping tape to make sure that each stripe was straight. If you really wanted to.  I, uh, did not want to.

Julep Lola had a satin finish, but it didn't matter, because of the topcoat.

Bottle shot:  Julep Winter and Lola.


I loved the simplicity and impact of this mani.  Do you like this art for nubbins?





6 comments:

  1. Love!! It has a kind of nautical feeling to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going for that, but I see it now that you mention it! Uh, I mean, I was totally going for that and you're brilliant for having figured it out! yeah. :)

      Delete
  2. That's really neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love it when a design is simple and striking, too!

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh one of my fav color combos!! It's sooo fallish! Love the stripes, great job girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is something about grey and blue! I hope no one thinks I'm paying homage to the Confederacy. I just love the colors together. Thanks, girl!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...