Lit from Within: Giraffe Nails for the Giraffe Ranch
-->

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Giraffe Nails for the Giraffe Ranch

This year has been the year of many adventures for the Hubby and I.  It's been so much fun to go out and do things that we'd never done before.  One of the trips we planned as an anniversary (belated) present to each other was a safari at The Giraffe Ranch in Dade City, FL.

Of course, I wanted to stamp Giraffe nails!


I saw the original idea on Pretty Little Bottles, but I didn't have the same polishes, though I did have the same stamp.  I used Nails, Inc. Hampstead Gardens, a mustard yellow, as the base, and because ther wasn't enough differentiation between that color and the stamp color, I decided to dab on a little Revlon Sunshine Sparkles over it.  The stamp was done with Butter London Tee Total.


I was pretty happy when the ranch matriarch noticed my nails, and said that, next to the giraffe tattoo one former visitor had, this was her favorite giraffe homage to come to the park.

One of the safaris we took on the property was on camel-back.  So awesome.  


Feeding the giraffes with my giraffe-stamped nails!  squee!



Another memorable moment - feeding the Lemurs.  Such a unique experience.  The lemurs were so gentle, and just brought your hand up to their mouth so that they could eat the grapes from our hands.


I enjoyed the experience, and painting my nails in preparation for it just heightened my excitement!  Do you ever paint your nails in a particular way to match an activity you're going to do?

2 comments:

  1. This is SO COOL! I love your themed manicure! What great pictures of the critters too :)

    This is not far from us (and their sister park is near us!) so I have them saved for future vacation ideas :) How cute are the giraffe and lemur? AWWWWWWW!

    Glad you had fun :) I would love to do the camel ride but I don't know if my back would like it. Still the rest looks so awesome--I loooooooove animals!

    And animal print nails are always cool ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to try the sister park, too. The family that run the place are really cool and you can tell this life is their passion. I was pretty tired after an hour on the camel, but I'm glad I did it.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...