Lit from Within: Oldie blue, but new to me
-->

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Oldie blue, but new to me

I was lucky enough to snag Cult Nails Tied up before it was discontinued forever...


Wow, is this gorgeous, or what?  I love cornflower blue.  Formula was excellent, 2-3 coats. 


I happened to run across a new-to-me blog called Miss LadyFinger, and saw this pattern I wanted to try to recreate in my own "special" (as in riding-the-short-bus-special) way.

Using Color Club Ooooh la la and a very thin brush, I painted little circles with the edges touching.  I would have liked this to be a little more pearlescent, and a little more sheer to really get the look down.


Then, using Sally Hansen White Tip, I went over some of the circles, or drew in smaller circles in a flower pattern.



Isn't that... special?

2 comments:

  1. I love the inspiration mani, and you can rest easy that your execution is quite a bit better than mine will be when I give it a shot, too. Not short-bus special, but very pleasantly abstract in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you described your 'special'! :) I would love to see it.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...