Lit from Within: Mod 70s Baby
-->

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mod 70s Baby


Hello, Fireflies!

Yep, today's challenge is yet another reminder of how old I am, a thought incongruous to the inner 12-yr old boy who lives in my brain and laughs at poop jokes.

Cici & Sisi 08

For a mani from the decade I was born in, I decided to look to the 70's mod look.  I used Cici & Sisi 08 and did a black and white pattern with Cult Nails Nevermore and Sally Hansen White Tip (now mixed with Revlon Spirit because I was running out of the SH but loved the brush better than the Revlon.) 


Sometimes, Nevermore stamps like a dream, and sometimes it thins out and bubbles like this time.  I filled in a few of the patches with a black striper.  I wonder if it's due to age or evaporation because it never used to do that.


I paired it with a black and white striped dress and my funky-chunky black onyx necklace.  Black and White, head to toe... except for my red lipstick.


 Bottle shot: Sally Hansen White Tip and Cult Nails Nevermore.

Bottle shot: Sally Hansen White Tip and Cult Nails Nevermore.

What age is the person that lives in your head?

6 comments:

  1. I sincerely wish I were better at stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this stamping design, so edgy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I love the pattern and this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to break out my stamps again- I'm sure I've lost all my skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would totally be something the matches one of my halloween tuts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...