Lit from Within: Tarte Rainforest Palette
-->

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tarte Rainforest Palette


 Hello, Fireflies!

Feels like forever since I've posted a makeup look.  I did this one a while ago, but I love this look and the makeup I used to create it, so I wanted to share it with you.

You've probably heard a lot about the Tarte Rainforest Palette by now.  Purple and plums are hot this Fall, and this palette has got all the goodies.  I used several of the eye shadows, the blush, bronzer, and highlight all from this palette.  It's LE, so if you want it, go get it!  I missed out on the Tarte Aqualilies one, and wish I hadn't.

I was experimenting with a more minimalist look designed for hooded eyes.  Lots of light color and shimmer on the lid, a bit of contour in the crease, and a little more in the corner of the eye.  Only a thin line of eyeliner so as not to obscure the lid too much.


One thing I love about a minimalist eye is that I feel I can wear any lippie I want.  This is Mirabella Volatile, a perfect rich berry.


Out of all the makeup I used, the only one I'm not loving is the Physicans Formula Brow Definer.  For one, the brush is awkward.  I like to switch back and forth between the liner and brush, and with this design, you have to put the cap on to use the brush.

I'm absolutely loving the It Cosmetics powder foundation (light/medium) especially with the dual-sided powder/concealer brush.  It works pretty well as a light concealer when applied with a smaller brush.

NARS Black Valley is still the best black gel liner I've found to-date.  Smooth, ultra-black, and stays where you put it.

The Tarte Amazonian Clay eye primer seems to be discontinued?  I haven't tried their new one yet.

I found an old sample of Lancome Defincils Mascara, and it's just as good as I remember.  One of my favorite makeup counter mascaras.

Have you picked up this palette yet?  What's your favorite Fall palette so far?


21 comments:

  1. Pretty makeup! That Tarte palette looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is a complete palette for me.

      Delete
  2. I've heard amazing things about this palette. I like your natural look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has everything for many complete looks! I really love it.

      Delete
  3. Lovely look and you look pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black Valley is definitely amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally got that tiny push brush from Wayne Goss that you recommended, too, which makes liners like this so awesome!

      Delete
  5. Your look is simply lovely. I have that palette on my wishlist but it keeps getting shoved aside for others. I love Tarte, such good makeup. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a minimal eye and a dark lip! You're rocking it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guuurl, why did you wait so long for this palette?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This palette is so perfect for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's my favorite neutral palette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very pretty look, and I adore the lipstick too! The shades suit you perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOP! You are using a bunch of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one of my fav palettes to date!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so pretty Nidia! I love this look on you. I am also a fan of Definicils!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are beautiful love. I love this look and I still think I need this palette.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your eyes look gorgeous! I love this on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the Tarte palette looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can never keep up with so many releases on palettes ! I probably won't get this one but I'm loving an oldie but a goodie naked 2

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...