Lit from Within: Sulfur? In Soap? Adovia Natural Sulfur Soap #adovia
-->

Friday, October 3, 2014

Sulfur? In Soap? Adovia Natural Sulfur Soap #adovia



Hello, Fireflies!

I suspect I know what some of you are thinking about this soap, because I thought it too.  Sulfur? Isn't that the rotten egg smell? Fear not, though, because you can take a deep whiff of this soap and smell.. nothing.

Nothing that I could detect.  It is the scent-free-est soap I've ever not smelled.  Most non-scented? It don't smell bad.  There.

The sulfur actually has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and antiseptic properties, which is especially great for those of us who get blemishes on our bodies as well as our faces.


I have to tell you, though, that as far as soap goes, this is pretty cool soap.  It's designed for those of us with oily, acne-prone skin, so I felt comfortable using it on my face - which is something I haven't done in a very long time.  Since I discovered cleansers, I haven't used a bar of soap to clean my face until Adovia.  And it was fine.

I used it on my body, and the Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, and Dead Sea Salts moisturized and cleaned my skin, keeping it smooth and soft, while minimizing my blemish breakouts.  My husband also used it all over, and didn't have an eczema breakouts while using it.


I'm modeling Enchanted Polish Good Life nail polish here, and it's appropriate to how I feel about this soap.  Gone are the days when I only had one or two choices for soap.  Now, I can get a soap that's actually good for my skin, and helps control my blemishes without drying me out!

If you'd like more information about Adovia, you can find them on Facebook, their website, and Amazon.com.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! Means a lot, coming from you. :)

      Delete
  2. I have tried Adovia but it's the mud soap and twas great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This soap sounds awesome. Great review on this. And I love love love that nail polish color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used a sulfur soap, but this sounds like something to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I hear Sulfur I get worried too! it's nice to know this doesn't have that awful scent to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think I haven´t used any sulfur products. This one sounds like a good soap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The polish looks good with the soap :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does it have a sulfur smell?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a soap I would like because I do like sulfur in my beauty routine, but I LOVE THAT POLISH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember using a sulfur mask back in the day to treat problem skin and it worked really well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that polish. I didn't think I would like this soap and it is a little too harsh for me... but my t-zone where I'm most oily has actually been enjoying it some and my husband likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My skin likes sulfur, so I might give this a try! Sounds like a winner. The nails are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this soap and you just reminded me to reorder it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...