Lit from Within: Soft Shimmery Stamped Stripes
-->

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Soft Shimmery Stamped Stripes


Hello, Fireflies!

Continuing with the striped theme for this month's challenge, I pulled this mani from the archives.

I don't really think of my nails or photography changing that much, but it's funny to pull a picture from the vault and see the little changes.  Of course, nails break and grow, so it shouldn't surprise me.  I also like looking through my Facebook profile pictures to see my hair change, too.

Maybe it's just a quirk of mine.

Anyhoo, this here is a nice mushroomy-taupe from Nikka K.  It came in one of those subscription boxes, so I'm not sure if it has a name, or if it's NY 112.

nice mushroomy-taupe from Nikka K

Are these just some boring stripes on my Mash-43 plate? no way!

Mash-43 plate

They're now diagonal, like whoa!  Mind. Blown.


This lovely holo I used to stamp is A-England Fonteyn.


I think this would be a great subtle or work-appropriate nail art.  Can't hardly go wrong with taupe, right?


Bottle shot:  Nikka K NY 112 and A-England Fonteyn.

Bottle shot:  Nikka K NY 112 and A-England Fonteyn

I love the holo stripes - who knew it would stamp so well?  Is this a new way for you to wear a holo?



16 comments:

  1. The holo stripes are pretty! I have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the holo stripes! They're gorgeous! I've tried stamping with holo polishes before, but I must not be using an opaque enough one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the holo stripes. They make me think of Saturn's rings. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the holo stripes... I need to try that because I would not think to pair that nude with holo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the effect! I admire how you change your nail art/polish every single day while my poor nails here are protesting coz I don't give them enough TLC, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like those polishes together! They really compliment each other... especially with the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that Nikka K shade from an ipsy bag, and I like it a lot. I like the stamped stripes with a bit of bling with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply perfect and so artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all for some sparkle on my nails, great look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The holo is my fave. I want to just dip my entire hand in a holo polish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The stripes are awesome! I almost bought a stamping kit last weekend but I bought a dotter tool instead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the combo.. taupe and holo... can't ever go wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...