Lit from Within: Ghosts In The Mist
-->

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Ghosts In The Mist

Robin Moses-inspired pink ghosts design

Hello, Fireflies! 

Today, I have a boo-tiful no-water-marble-turned swirly ghosts mani to show you!  This is straight up a Robin Moses design.  I just did it in polish instead of acrylic, and with much less talent than she has.




Still, this is the first even remotely successful needle drag marble I've ever done, so let's celebrate!

no-water marble with white, pink, black, silver

I painted the nail with OPI Glints of Glinda, and then, while the second coat was still wet, dropped little bits of Revlon Sequin (silver), Sally Hansen Raisin The Bar (metallic pink), and Finger Paints Black Expressionism (black) and Paper Mache (white) on one nail at a time.  I ran a small nail art brush through the drops of polish to create the swirls, then pulled the excess polish off my finger the way Robin Moses taught me to.


Using a little more Paper Mache, thinned a little with polish thinner, I added the ghosties and outlined them with the black striper and added the faces.  Then, I added in some of the pink glitter.


Bottle shot:  OPI Glints of Glinda, Sally Hansen Raisin The Bar, Revlon Sequin, Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Paper Mache, and nail art stripers in pink glitter and black.

Bottle shot:  OPI Glints of Glinda, Sally Hansen Raisin The Bar, Revlon Sequin, Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Paper Mache, and nail art stripers in pink glitter and black.

I think these may be the prettiest ghost nails I've ever done! Brava to Robin Moses for their conception and great tutorial.  Are you more of a fan of the gory Halloween, or the pretty costumes?

17 comments:

  1. These are so spooky! Combining the ghosts with the water marble is so cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, your halloween twist on marbled mani is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool! It reminds me of the The Scream by Edvard Munch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool and creepy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! This looks so cool! And sounds so complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried a drag marble (or a marble in general) but this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those ghosts are so cute! I love the pink swirls

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your version. In fact, I like it better. It looks like a dreamscape, the wisps of which blow away upon waking.

    I need to try dragging marbling. I am hopeless at water marbling! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are those little ghosts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How delightful these pink cutie Boos are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so creative, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoy this mani, probably more than the others which I love already... this one just screamed art to me. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very cute ! It looks very easy but I would totally mess this up

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute idea! I like the pink touches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...