Lit from Within: The Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack and Sally
-->

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack and Sally


Hello, Fireflies!

For my last NCC Stripes challenge of the month, I wanted to incorporate stripes and one of the most popular Halloween traditions - watching The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Nightmare Before Christmas - Jack

This mani was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest, but I cheated and used a 3-D charm for Jack's face.


I painted all but my middle finger with Revlon Spirit, and then used a black striper to freehand the black stripes.  The middle finger was painted with Milani Black Swift, and then the charm was applied.


Bottle shot:  Revlon Spirit, Milani Black Swift, and a black striper.

Bottle shot:  Revlon Spirit, Milani Black Swift, and a black striper

What's Jack without his girl?

The Nightmare Before Christmas - Sally

 This was inspired by a mani done by The Nailasaurus, but it reminded me of Sally.


I started off with a white base to make sure that the colors were bright.  Then, I used striping tape to mark off the different sections.  Even thought it would be nice to paint one color at a time, it dries too quickly for that - and dry polish gets pulled off with the striping tape.  So, do one nail at a time.  I painted over the white lines with black polish and made the stitches, too.


Bottle shot:  Revlon Spirit, Nails Inc Bond St., Wet 'n Wild Pleasure Pier, Urban Decay Bang, Finger Paints Go Van Gogh!, and a black striper.

Bottle shot:  Revlon Spirit, Nails Inc Bond St., Wet 'n Wild Pleasure Pier, Urban Decay Bang, Finger Paints Go Van Gogh!, and a black striper


Wouldn't it be neat to have one hand done like Jack, and the other like Sally?





21 comments:

  1. Both are nice! I really like that skull charm too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white design with the skulls. So cute! My daughter would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even pick a fave on this post! I love them both! JACK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinking cute! Love your Halloween designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I think it's fine to use the skull charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These turned out great! So cute! I love the Jack charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where can I get the Jack 3d Charm?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite movies ! I really like the designs you came up wtih

    ReplyDelete
  9. So amazing and gorgeously executed!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These came out awesome!!!! Love the Jack charm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool manis! I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are my recent faves from you!!! so cuteeee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice, I didn't even realize Jack was a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My sons were oohing and ahhing over your mani... they love Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love your Jack manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! Jack and Sally in manicure form, Perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...