Lit from Within: Racinne Ultimate Aqua Blanc
-->

Monday, October 13, 2014

Racinne Ultimate Aqua Blanc

Hello, Fireflies!

I'm on a journey with no road map when it comes to figuring out my skincare.  Oily skin is both a blessing and a curse at my age.  Oily skin usually means fewer wrinkles.  But, no one, especially at my age, wants pimples.  Acne leaves red and dark marks on the skin that take longer to heal as I age, and environmental stressors can make any skin dull and lackluster.

So, when I got the chance to try a few products from the Racinne Ultimate Aqua Blanc series, I was excited to see if it could improve the look of my skin.


After cleansing and toning (I used my own cleansers; there is a cleanser and toner in this series which I did not try,) it's time for the Ultimate Aqua Blanc Concentrate serum. 
You know how they have "new car smell" and everyone knows what that is? They should have "expensive skincare smell" too.  I don't know what it is, but there is something about putting on a product that has that particular fragrance... it's not even something I can put my finger on. It's a level of intensity, too.  It's light, fresh, unobtrusive.... classy.  These products from Racinne have it.  Maybe it's playing Jedi-mind tricks on me, but when I smell that scent, I think I'm getting something good.


This serum is thin, but not runny, with a slightly milky look to it.  It contains niacinamide, which my MUA friends tell me is a real skincare workhorse.  It also has lotus stem cell extract, aloe vera, and cucumber extracts to brighten and soothe the skin.  It absorbs quickly, and leaves the skin soft and ready for the next treatment:

Racinne Ultimate Aqua Blanc Boost

The Ultimate Aqua Blanc Boost is both a moisturizer and a brightener.  It also contains the lotus stem cells and niacinamide, and is formulated without hydroquinone.

Racinne Ultimate Aqua Blanc Boost ingredients
My oily skin tends to not like very rich creams, and this one is moisturizing without being heavy.  You can see in this picture how it compares to the serum.

I used these products twice a day after cleansing, and in the morning I didn't have to wait to apply my makeup, which I like.  Having to wait for my products to absorb can be a deal breaker for me.


The last product I tried was the Brightening Masque.

Racinne Brightening Masque

I've discovered a new and deep love of all things masque this year, but this type was a new one on me.  It's a creme-like masque that you apply all over your face, let it absorb for about 15 minutes, and then you pat in whatever residue you can, and rinse off the rest.


I've done sheet masques that you pat in the residue and I've done clay masques where you rinse off the hardened clay, but this is a new one on me. It wasn't unpleasant or anything, just strange.
Racinne Brightening Masque
I never applied it so thickly that there was much to tissue off afterwards.  I rather wish it retained that white pigmentation so I could remember to rinse it off afterwards.  I can see forgetting that you have it on!
It's gentle enough to use twice a week.  I would alternate it with some of my favorite deep-cleaning masques, too.  

My overall impression? I really liked these products.  Everything from the packaging to the fragrance and texture reads luxury, but the prices are not exorbitant.  The serum and lotions absorb quickly and, especially at first, feel like they're doing something.  They don't hurt, but you can feel a tingle. After this trial, I still have some dark spots, but I think my skin is brighter, less ruddy, and more luminous. 

If you'd like to try Racinne for yourself, they have inexpensive trial sizes, and their site does say something about free samples.  They also have deals of the week (the masque is half off this week, from $36 to $18!) and promotions.  As of this writing, they have a 20% off code, and also some purchase rewards options, as well as free shipping with a certain amount of purchase.

For more information, you can find Racinne on Facebook, Twitter, and their website.

21 comments:

  1. never heard of this brand but it's good to know that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the packaging on this brand. They sound nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not heard of this brand... but I'm with you - when it comes to scent, I always expect that "expensive" smell to come from it... I like that milky texture it has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this brand last year, and really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this brand - looks nice, and it's great that you liked the product :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound like good products. I´ve never used any Racinne products.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Racinne neck cream and eye serum that I tried, too. I've gotta get my reviews up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried many products from this company and loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not familiar with this brand. I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would definitely recommend this to one of my friends. Love the honest review, I know oily skin is a tough one to crack with skincare :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that "expensive product scent" also. These lightening and brightening products seem to be working for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love when these types of products aren't too runny. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Expensive product scents are my fave

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't know they had travel sizes, perfect for stockings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard little bits about this brand. Thanks for such an in-depth review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a serum that sinks in quickly and isn't oily!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like it really brightened your skin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...