Lit from Within: Googly Mummies
-->

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Googly Mummies

Hello, Fireflies!

I love Halloween nail art, and I hope you enjoy the bounty of it I have for you over the next couple of weeks. 

This is an easy one, pumped up with a little craft store magic.  I got the idea from Pinterest.  I couldn't figure out who did the original artwork.

I started with a nude polish from Bonita - bought in a collection at Ross, so of course it has no name.  I then took Orly Point Blanche and made these stripes to look like my nail was wrapped loosely.

nude polish from Bonita and Orly Point Blanche

On some of the nails I made large black dots next, and some I didn't.  One could also just paint a black stripe, as well.

Perfect opportunity to use my 2mm googly eyes! Silly mummies.


Eyeballs literally just rolling around in their heads..


Bottle shot:  Bonita nude (unknown name), Orly Point Blanche, and Milani Black Swift.

Bottle shot:  Bonita nude (unknown name), Orly Point Blanche, and Milani Black Swift

Did you ever dress up like a Mummy on the cheap and just wrap yourself in toilet paper?

10 comments:

  1. Those googly eyes make these mummies look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally gonna recreate this... it's gorgeous. I swear everytime I see your nail posts I'm always inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable and SO easy for me to not screw up. Although, I am brilliant at screwing up nail art so maybe I will find a way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I need to go get googly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at googly eyes :D This manicure just makes me happy, i don't know why. I think this is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those googly eye actually make mummies adorably cute. Nope, I don't wrap up in toilet paper. I'm more of a Saran Wrap kinda girl. ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cool ! I absolutely love the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I would probably pick the eyes off though immediately... I do weird things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool mummies :P I have to order those eyes from somewhere :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute. I did something very similar to this using Butter London Yummy Mummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...