Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - For Mom
-->

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Stamping - For Mom


 Hello, Fireflies!

I'm combining two challenges today - Adventures in Stamping is over a pink base.  Check! Too Cute-icle Bikini is a bright pink scattered holo.

Too Cute-icle Bikini is a bright pink scattered holo

Challenge Your Nail Art's week-long challenge is all about celebrations! Today, we're celebrating moms. So, my first stamp (done with Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Anna's Nail Art W228) is a tattoo-style heart-mom!

Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Anna's Nail Art W228

My mom loves hummingbirds and flowers, so that's the theme for the rest of the mani.  Plate W202 from Winstonia has this cute hummingbird that I had the *worst* time getting to work.  I originally wanted metallic hummingbirds.  Nope, none would work! Finally, I got the black to work, and dabbed a little Dollish Polish It's Bigger On The Inside on it for a little blue glitter.

Plate W202 from Winstonia has this cute hummingbird that I had the *worst* time getting to work

My mom also loves jewelry, so I got out my Profound Glassworks crushed synthetic opal topcoat.  It's subtle, but you can see the bits of red and green opal over the black!

 Profound Glassworks crushed synthetic opal topcoat

My mom has always loved gardening.  When my folks moved to Florida, she left behind a ton of flowers and trees, and a thriving tomato garden back in Virginia.  I think of all the things she left behind, that was the hardest for her.  Now, she's starting over again, and already the flowers are blooming all around their new house. 

Hers are much prettier and smell better than the pseudo-acrylic flowers I attached to my nails!


I bought these flowers from Winstonia, but you can get similar ones on Ebay and the like.  They're kinda rubbery, actually, not true acrylic flowers.


Bottle shot: Too Cute-icle Bikini, Profound Glassworks crushed synthetic opal topcoat. Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Dollish Polish It's Bigger On The Inside.

Bottle shot: Too Cute-icle Bikini, Profound Glassworks crushed synthetic opal topcoat. Finger Paints Black Expressionism, and Dollish Polish It's Bigger On The Inside

Flowers, hearts, and hummingbirds are my homage to Mommy! What would be a part of your Mommy Mani?


7 comments:

  1. Too Cuticle is one of my fav indies! Very creative mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nail decals look fun and add something different to the manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is beautiful. I love that stamp, it's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did! Those decals are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww what a lovely way to capture all that your mom likes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...