Lit from Within: My first Skittlette!
-->

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My first Skittlette!


Hello, Fireflies!

This month, the NCC challenge theme is the Skittle.  According to ChitChatNails, there are several formulas for a skittlette, of which I chose the most common - Creme, Creme, Stamp, Stamp, Glitter. I figured, since it was my first one, I should take it slow and steady.

I used Ulta Whatever Floats Your Moat, a blue jelly; OPI I Have A Herring Problem, a grey-blue with silver shimmer; and Liquid Lacquer A Calm Does Not Suit Me, a milky white base with blue and purple glitters.

Ulta Whatever Floats Your Moat, a blue jelly; OPI I Have A Herring Problem, a grey-blue with silver shimmer; and Liquid Lacquer A Calm Does Not Suit Me, a milky white base with blue and purple glitters

I used Revlon Spirit and Dashika Big SdP-L to make this pattern over the OPI.

Revlon Spirit and Dashika Big SdP-L

And, for the pièce de résistance, I chose some grey-blue rhinestones and placed them in my Nail Veil, which I then attached to my thumb with some topcoat.

I chose some grey-blue rhinestones and placed them in my Nail Veil

I love that I can color-coordinate my Nail Veil! 


Bottle shot:  Ulta Whatever Floats Your Moat, OPI I Have A Herring Problem, Liquid Lacquer A Calm Does Not Suit Me, and Revlon Spirit.

Bottle shot:  Ulta Whatever Floats Your Moat, OPI I Have A Herring Problem, Liquid Lacquer A Calm Does Not Suit Me, and Revlon Spirit.

I'm not sure how I feel about skittlettes - or even skittles - but I love nail jewelry.  What say y'all?


26 comments:

  1. Fun skittle! Love the thumb with the stud you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun! the little metal flower thing looks cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the Nail Veil - it's real, reusable jewelry. I can put whatever stones I want in it, and it can be cleaned with acetone. It's really pretty sturdy.

      Delete
  3. This is so fun - I love the little metal addition you have and the stamping. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is my new favorite from you. I'm doomed, I can't even make stamping look decent. *throws tantrums*

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got stamping skills!! Very cute nail veil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the nail design over the grey polish. The blue polish is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love nail jewelry! Whats not to like??? You did a great job as usual

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fancy! Love the grey shimmer with the stamp, very classy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your thumb nail is the coolest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! This mani looks amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That nail design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning! I love everything about this manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really love the pattern and the nail jewels. That white base w/glitter is very impressive too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great mani i like the designs

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't done a skittlette! THis is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh! I love the stamp and the nail veil!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely nail veil!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally love the stamp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...