Lit from Within: A Skittle, Layered.
-->

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Skittle, Layered.


Hello, Fireflies!  Today's skittle is a little different.  I wanted to see how layering a polish over different bases created the mani.

I started with (thumb to pinky): Chick Nail Polish Once Upon A Time, a pink with orange shimmer; Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, a sunny yellow creme; Cult Nails Kiss, a matte tomato red;  I Love Nail Polish Undenied, a metallic purple duochrome; and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

Chick Nail Polish Once Upon A Time, Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow, Cult Nails Kiss, I Love Nail Polish Undenied, and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme

I built up the thumb with a few more layers of Chick Nail Polish Once Upon A Time, and then put that same polish over all the other nails.  What a cool transformation!


It turned Mellow Yellow into an orange sunburst, and the black creme into a dark, purple shimmer.


But, I think my fave has to be the effect over I Love Nail Polish Undenied.  It amplified the duochrome, and now there's all kinds of reds and purples in it.  Neat-o Jet!


As different as all the colors were, now they could almost pass for an ombre' mani.  Do you ever layer polishes for different effects?




27 comments:

  1. I like it a lot! Its so pretty with all the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong w/ shimmers! I love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice manicures and love the color combinations here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this for summer. A lovely burst of color and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I'll havta try this out with some of my polishes now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shade progression and with the shimmer, it looks unique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color combos! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is super cute, love the combos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to try this. It really made it look so much more wearable with the glitter - I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awesome, I love that the shimmer transformed these colors and unified them, so they look like ombre :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the glossy look to them

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that it is kind of a gradient/ombre!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember layering way back in the day (I mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 90s) and thinking it was so cool - I should be more adventurous today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Skittles! Such a cute mani.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...