Lit from Within: Beauty Box 5 - April box
-->

Monday, May 5, 2014

Beauty Box 5 - April box

Hello, Fireflies!

Ready to check out April's Beauty Box 5?


April's theme was 'Shades of Beauty' - taking time to make yourself look and feel beautiful.


Makes you feel like it should come with meditation instruction and a CD of world music, right?

The closest thing to incense, though, in the box was the Blum cleansing cloths.

I love peppermint oil and peppermint oil-scented things.  I haven't tried these yet.. I'll be honest with you.  I'm a little leery of something that says it's safe to use on babies, and is non-irritating, but also has peppermint oil and to avoid getting it in your eyes. Can I use it to remove eye makeup or not? If anyone has used these and can put my mind at ease, I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

One thing I did try was the lippie duo - Bonnie Bell lip pencil in Apple Cider, and Nikka K lipstick in Daring.


These are interesting colors - alllllmost red.  It looks like red to me, but my husband says it's pink.  The lip pencil was okay - I rarely wear lip pencils.  I don't like that dry, tugging sensation on my lips, and this one does that, though it's not hard or rough.  The lipstick was nice and glossy, and it stayed put while I drank a soda without a straw.

The last products in the box I haven't tried.  I received this California Collection from BH Cosmetics in another sub box already, and it bums me out to get the same colors.  I'll probably find a new home for it.  The Jergens Natural Glow is in one of those silly packets, and I rarely use those.  I haven't ruled it out completely, though.  It would be nice to get a little color on my pasty legs.


Have you checked out Beauty Box 5 yet?  If you think you'd like to try Beauty Box 5, and you want to throw a little referral love my way, click HERE for my referral link.

Two posts today! My #NailArtForNubs post goes live at 9am Eastern - check back to see what I do with some Black and White and stamping and rhinestones!

29 comments:

  1. Nice products in this month's box. I like the lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goodies this month - I love my Nicka K lippies. I was a bit bummed when I tried to sign up for BB5 and found out they don't ship outside the 48 states... oh man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box this month! I wasn't impressed with the lip liner either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this subby! I use to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that lipstick on you. :) Jergen's Natural Glow is a really nice self tanner. It's one of my faves, when I am in the mood to go golden.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peppermint oil is a must AVOID for me. It is drying to my sensitive skin. I would not use it on a baby, ever. That said, nice box! I got the bh palette in my October ipsy bag and I used it a lot. Love the gold & purple shades. And though I've never tried Nicka K lipstick, I love the shade you got and I love their nail polish

    ReplyDelete
  7. IDK if I'd use the wipes around my eyes because peppermint oil burns. I'd use it on my hands though for a quick clean

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used the wipes for eye makeup and they worked pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great box. Love love love the lipstick. And I totally agree with you about the wipes. They sounds nice, but the peppermint oil does scare me a bit as well. Ouch in the eyes for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie Bell for adults? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not my favorite box but the red looks nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the lippies. I tried that BH Cosmetics palette a while ago and I enjoyed it too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a nice box but I hated that trio

    ReplyDelete
  15. The red lippie looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got this box too and I loved it

    ReplyDelete
  17. a good selection of products in this months box!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This lipstick looks red to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks like a great selection. I have yet to try this box out though! need to get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a nice little box. I would be leery of putting something with Peppermint Oil near my eyes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You need to prime lip pencils before using them. That helps soften the tip so it glides on your lips easier.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The lipstick looks great

    ReplyDelete
  23. I subscribed to Beauty Box 5 over a year ago and wasn't thrilled with the samples so I cancelled it. Glad to see they are getting some better products.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...