Lit from Within: Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida - Purple For Lupus Awareness #BBCFL #PutOnPurple
-->

Friday, May 16, 2014

Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida - Purple For Lupus Awareness #BBCFL #PutOnPurple


Hello, Fireflies!

Do you know what Lupus is?  Lupus is a chronic, autoimmune disease that can damage any part of the body. (Lupus.org)

It's one of those diseases that is often misunderstood because the person may not 'look' sick.  They have flareups and remissions, too - so they can be fine one day and incapacitated the next.

The Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida are linking up today to show their support for one of our own who has this disease, in hopes of bringing more awareness to it.  Put on Purple today!

I started with Revlon Gwen's Crush, a red-leaning violet with an awesome shimmer. 

Revlon Gwen's Crush, a red-leaning violet with an awesome shimmer.

I needed undies for this because Lacquerhead Polish Space Cadet 2.0 is a very sheer jelly, and would take too many layers to get opaque... but look at those glitters! I really like how you can see some of the violet shimmer from Gwen's Crush, and then flashes of the holo glitters.


I really liked the way the stamping looked over the glitter in Dressed Up Digits' mani, so I tried to do something similar with Shany 20 and Finger Paints Silver Sculpture.

Shany 20 and Finger Paints Silver Sculpture

Purple over purple over purple - lots of layers.. kinda like Lupus, I guess. It doesn't appear to be a straightforward disease.


Those glitters!


Bottle shot:  Revlon Gwen's Crush, Lacquerhead Polish Space Cadet 2.0, and Finger Paints Silver Sculpture.

Bottle shot:  Revlon Gwen's Crush, Lacquerhead Polish Space Cadet 2.0, and Finger Paints Silver Sculpture.

For more information about Lupus, please visit Lupus.org.  Do you have any experience with Lupus? Will you be wearing purple today?



Also shared on The Nail Files! Please click through to see other Nail Files manis.

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous design. I had a friend who had lupus for years and sadly we lost touch after she moved to the Mainland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful mani for a great cause. Plus, any cause with purple as their colour is one I'll support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mani for a good awareness campaign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design, especially the glitters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this mani! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always impressed with your nail designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WANT Space Cadet!! I love love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great nail design and a wonderful way to support a fellow beauty blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous manis for a great awareness on Lupus :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the mani and the fact that it's for Lupus awareness, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, you make me want to pull out my plates and do some designing. It's been awhile. Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shut your whole face. This looks like it's straight from a magazine! HOW do you come up with all of these utterly fabulous designs? I've never seen stamping over big glitter. It's so pretty and, like you said, layered. And it's for a good cause. A win across the board, I'd say!

    (And I love that you may or may not taunt your puppy about squirrels as we may or may not do the same, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Space Cadet is awesome layered in between the colors

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool mani! I love how all of these different ideas came together. I am terrified of stamping haha!

    Bailey
    aka Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh the Space Cadet shade is soo cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah wish I had known about this sooner! Purples my favorite color so I would have been happy to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mani turned out great, I love the glitter jelly effect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the glitter and the stamping! Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! And for a great cause too. Loved the stamping plate.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty. My fave color is purple. I have a pen pal with Lupus.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...