Lit from Within: Cover FX and Phyrra Host Find Your Shade Event #BBCFL
-->

Friday, May 2, 2014

Cover FX and Phyrra Host Find Your Shade Event #BBCFL


Hello, Fireflies!

The other day, I went to the Sephora in the Mall At Millenia in Orlando, FL for a very special event presented by Cover FX and hosted by fellow Beauty Blogger of Central Florida, Phyrra Nyx.

It's awesome to be so welcomed to an event, and the sponsors, Vic Casale and Britney Munguia of Cover FX were pretty amazing.  Britney even came out to dinner with some of the BBCFL afterwards!

Vic Casale and Britney Munguia of Cover FX
picture credit: Eugenia Lung - GeniaBeMe.com
I really enjoyed listening to Vic talk about how he got involved with makeup as a means to help women who got a confidence boost from using makeup.  He talked about helping women with vitiligo, scarring, that sort of thing.  It eventually branched out into beauty makeup, but with the same goal in mind.  To that end, their makeup is cruelty-free, vegan, and is made to be as much skincare as it is makeup.

I found this awesome little (about a minute and a half) video that explains how Cover FX was born. It's pretty inspiring!


Then, Vic started talking about how women over 40 were having a new skin concern where they would get blemishes, treat them with the same harsh products they used in their youth, and end up making the problem worse.

Vic, Phyrra, and Britney
Vic, Phyrra, and Britney

Hello, that's me! He said they were coming out with a brand new product, BB Gel, directed at those who have oily (and often, sensitive) skin and are getting breakouts - but need gentler, yet still effective ways to deal with it - without damaging our aging skin.

You betcha I ordered that product the minute I got home. 

Mina, Vic, and Cat

I asked them to act as if they were just talking, and I was taking a candid photo.  Yeah, that worked!

Andrew Carter, MUA

I really enjoyed my experience getting color matched for Cover FX CC cream.  I'm a P Light-Medium, which means I have pink, or cool, undertones, and light skin.  My makeup artist, Andrew, was a hoot and a holla, and really made the experience so awesome.


Eugenia from Genia Be Me, Brittany from Clumps of Mascara. and me, all color matched! 


Doesn't Mina's skin look flawless?

Vic the Brand, Phyrra the Host, me the Face, and Andrew the MUA
Cover FX has a new groupie - me!

They had goodie bags for the first 30-or-so people to get color matched, and I received a primer with SPF 30, and a matte powder in medium.

My first impression of the primer is that it is just about the best one I've ever tried.  It's a clear gel that dries down to a matte finish.  It was suggested to me that I use the powder more for contouring, but maybe if I get a bit of a tan... (oh, who are we kidding.)


I'll be testing out these products, plus the BB Gel and the foundation brush I bought, and hopefully the CC cream, too. 

If you want to see the absolutely best pix taken of me at this event, you need to head over to Phyrra's blog to see her recap of the eventEugenia has a video and her take on the event on her blog, too.

If you'd like more information about Cover FX, please check out their website, or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and/or Instagram.

28 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun time at the event! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see your experience with the event! I'm glad you came and I had a blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you girls (#bbloggers) in Central Florida, your support for each other is amaze-balls. And yes, I saw your photo-bombing pic at Phyrra's ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun!! I want to try the BB Gel!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gals are so cute! I definitely want to try that gel and I'm SO excited to get my butt back to Florida next year. I miss the CF Bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww this looks like such a fun event. You ladies looked like you had a blast. I can't wait to hear more about the BBC Gel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The BB Gel sounds perfect for my skin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could've flown down to Orlando to join you all! And to learn about and try out the CoverFX foundations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like it was a great and fun event. You all look beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun event and opportunity to get to know Cover FX and support Phyrra :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks as if you had a great time. :) What a fun event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seems that this was really interestig and fun event! Loving the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds so fun! Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks and sounds like you had so much fun and a great time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What is it about Florida that cranks out awesome bbloggers? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm jealous. I'd have loved to have been there and gotten to meet the bloggers I read all the time plus be able to give Phyrra a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So jealous that all of you got to go to this event!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've seen so many pictures from this event and how much fun !

    ReplyDelete
  20. So jealous! I can't wait to hang with more blogger gals one day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Not sure if my comment went through! So, in that case, I thought to say it looks like you all had a fab time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like it was a fun event. I love Cover FX.

    ReplyDelete
  23. this looks like it was such a fun event!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...