Lit from Within: Stamping Spring Decals
-->

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Stamping Spring Decals


Happy Sunday, Fireflies! It's Stampin' Time!

I started out with a base coat of Cult Nails Evolution, but, I must be slipping in my old age, because I forgot to get a picture of it.

And, it's not the only egregious mistake I made in this post.  Oh, yes, it gets better.

Today's theme is Spring Nails, so I found this really cute stamp with flowers and bees on Dashica Big SdP-M, and thought it might be time to try making my own decals for the first time.

really cute stamp with flowers and bees on Dashica Big SdP-M

I layered on some topcoat onto a piece of plastic, and when it dried, I stamped the image with Milani White On The Spot over the topcoat.

I bought the stamper that Cult Nails debuted this month, but I haven't been able to stamp successfully with it yet.  I'm so used to my squishy stamper, and this one is so hard.  It's a bummer, too, because the stamping head is red, instead of white, and would have been great to use with this white polish.

time to try making my own decals

When that dried, I painted some yellow bees and pink flowers with Cult Nails New Day and Falling Hard. When that part was dry, I applied some topcoat to my nails and applied the decal.  I also painted an accent with Kelara Lacquer (now defunct) Hooray For Boobies 2.0, a Barbie-pink shimmer.

Notice anything about my thumb decal?  Yep, I noticed there was something weird about it, too, but it wasn't until I was editing this post that I realized what it was.


I put the decal on backwards.

*slow clap* *bow*  Yep, takes special talent to do that.

Bottle shot:  Cult Nails Evolution, New Day, and Falling Hard, Kelara Hooray For Boobies 2.0, and Milani White On The Spot.

Bottle shot:  Cult Nails Evolution, New Day, and Falling Hard, Kelara Hooray For Boobies 2.0, and Milani White On The Spot

Care to share your own bone-head moment in the comments?  It might make me feel better - misery loves company!

4 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...