Lit from Within: Technicolor-Texture-TRI-Polish Abstract
-->

Monday, May 26, 2014

Technicolor-Texture-TRI-Polish Abstract

Hello, Fireflies!

I was doing the Challenge Your Nail Art monthly challenge last week, and ignored my Crumpet Nail Tarts challenges! 30 lashes with a wet noodle for me!

But, I'm back, with a funky mani inspired by Finger Food's technicolor abstract nail art.

I started with Nails Inc Green Park, a dusty greyed-green.  It's not as far as Army green, but it's not a clear garden green.  These greyed-out colors are some of my very favorite polishes.  So sophisticated!

Nails Inc Green Park, a dusty greyed-green

For the purple and red, I go crazy for the textures! I love the ones with some sparkle to them, and Sinful Colors Purple Gleam has a nice, soft shimmer.

Sinful Colors Purple Gleam has a nice, soft shimmer

Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer Cinny Sweet brings even more sparkle, and it's thick enough to draw dots and lines and be opaque.  This is so fun.. but I knew I couldn't leave it all bumpy. I'd be too distracted by all the different levels of polish.

Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer Cinny Sweet

It's not as unique all topcoated, but it's still pretty. And, there's still some sparkle!


Bottle shot: Nails Inc Green Park, Sinful Colors Purple Gleam, and Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer Cinny Sweet.

Bottle shot: Nails Inc Green Park, Sinful Colors Purple Gleam, and Sally Hansen Sugar Shimmer Cinny Sweet.

I really like the versatility of textures, though I know not everyone likes them.  With a bit of topcoat, they look like sparkly glitters or shimmer polishes, so I know I'll use them for years to come, even when the trend is done.



4 comments:

  1. It turned out nice. Great abstract design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Nidia! Definitely no wet noodle for you today!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love it textured and with topcoat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...