Lit from Within: GOT Brushed Metal Circle Gradient
-->

Thursday, May 15, 2014

GOT Brushed Metal Circle Gradient


Hello, Fireflies!

I 'GOT' a lot of textures in my collection - I really like them.  Some of them look even better with topcoat, some are great with stamping over them, and some, like the ones I have today, have a great metallic vibe.

Enter the Brushed Metals collection from Avon.  You can probably still get these in one of their clearance sales.  I'm always seeing past collections come back in their outlet - and for much cheaper prices!  I loved all of these; though the colors are very subtle, they are all very metallic.

This nail art was inspired by the "Circle Gradient" technique from Polish, Glitter, Rock, and Roll, only I didn't use a sponge because of the texture.  I just dabbed it on.  I started with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, and Avon Textured Topaz, a champagne yellow texture.

Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, and Avon Textured Topaz, a golden yellow texture

Can you see the very subtle purple in Avon Lilac Quartz?  I told you, the colors are subtle.  I was hoping the black undies would amplify them, but they are very thick polishes, and opaque on their own.

very subtle purple in Avon Lilac Quartz

Avon Platinum is a soft, baby blue...which is kind of a weird choice for me.  Isn't platinum typically white?  Are there no blue metals? Not like Quartz is a metal, either, but they were okay with that name.  Everyone wants to be OPI with their quirky names.

Avon Platinum is a soft, baby blue

All together, the colors create a lovely mesh of metallic texture! The blue really stands out for me.


In retrospect, a silver or gold polish might have worked better as undies instead of black.  Next time!


Bottle shot:  Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, Avon Brushed Metals in Textured Topaz, Lilac Quartz, and Platinum.

Bottle shot:  Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, Avon Brushed Metals in Textured Topaz, Lilac Quartz, and Platinum

All the other textures I'm familiar with either went with chunky cremes or glitters - these are the only metallics I'm aware of.  Pretty cool, huh?


29 comments:

  1. This almost looks like a galaxy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting combo. Love the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this combo. So cute and sparkly. Gotta love some bling bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great nail design! Love the sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those textured polishes look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brushed metals all look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the textured polish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. these remind me of 'blacktie affair' nails!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! Love the intriguing design the colors combined creates!

    ReplyDelete
  10. For some reason your thumb nail makes me think of how Earth looks when you're looking at it from space lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love how this turned out - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bling bling! Those colors work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i don't normally like a ton of shimmer but these look so glam!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I'm a fan of these though I did like the nail design you did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the shimmer and glitter on the black!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so pretty ! & of course I love the shimmer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...