Lit from Within: Circus! Circus!
-->

Friday, May 23, 2014

Circus! Circus!


 Hello, Fireflies!

Our penultimate challenge this month is Circus Day.  I haven't been to a circus since I was a little kid.  What I remember most vividly about it was going to the bathroom with my friend and she ditched me there.  I couldn't remember how to get back to my seat, and I was pissed and a little scared, and an usher had to help me find my friend and her dad out of the thousands of people there.

Probably why I didn't go to the circus again...

Deep breath.  Clean slate with Revlon Spirit, a lovely white.  I topcoated it with Rica Glossy Glam, so it's shiny and hard, too.  I was gifted with a bottle of Glossy Glam from Ricarda, and I must say, I really like it!  It is a thin, smooth topcoat that flows effortlessly over the nail and dries fast and glossy. It makes a great surface to stamp on, too.  The only thing I can't speak to is longevity, because I change my polish so often.

Clean slate with Revlon Spirit, and topcoated with Rica Glossy Glam

There probably isn't going to be a better time to use this Winstonia W209 stamping plate than a circus challenge! All circus/fair type images! I stamped with Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Winstonia W209 stamping plate with all circus/fair type images!

I took a bunch of stripers and played Coloring Book.  My husband said it was like a color-by-numbers!


 I added SOPI Meet Me At The Disco for a sparkly finish.


Bottle shot:  Revlon Spirit, Finger Paints Black Expressionism, stripers in red, metallic pink, and glitters in purple, gold, and green, and SOPI Meet Me At The Disco.

Bottle shot:  Revlon Spirit, Finger Paints Black Expressionism, stripers in red, metallic pink, and glitters in purple, gold, and green, and SOPI Meet Me At The Disco.

Do you have happy memories of going to a circus or fair?



28 comments:

  1. Love the circus scene on the nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glitters and colors you used made it look so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love how you added color to it. kinda like a coloring book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute design. I love the seals and the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is such a fun mani!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these are too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that stamping plate was perfect! And can I be honest, I'd probably avoid the circus too if my only experience was so bad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, fantastic job! I have no idea how to use a stamping pad. I've gotta look into this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! I love the coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you dressed up the stamps with color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love this! You did it up so right! :D

    I used to work for the Circus Circus Corporation. :P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun! I especially love the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how your circus mani came out! Well done! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the circusy theme, this mani looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. THIS IS SO FUN!! I love how you used the stamps like a coloring book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the circus - this is such a fun mani.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun mani! We loved going to the circus when we were kids. Thanks for bringing back memories. =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That really is like a color by numbers! So creative- great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...