Lit from Within: Stamps like a Butterfly, Stings Like a Bea
-->

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Stamps like a Butterfly, Stings Like a Bea


 Hello Fireflies!

Today's Sunday Stamping challenge is butterflies, ladybugs, or fireflies.  I totally need a firefly stamp!! Does anyone know where to find one?

I thought it would be funny to stamp butterflies over a polish named "Bea Stings." Bee stings.  Get it? I knew you would.  Bad puns aside, it is a gorgeous hot pink holo, that flashed orange at times.

Colors by Llarowe Bea Stings

This was so distracting when I was driving around today! I would see red and purple and orange in the rainbows. 

Colors by Llarowe Bea Stings

I bought plate QA53 from Born Pretty Store during one of their sales.  I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this plate worked.  It's been a while since I had a plate that worked perfectly for every image.

plate QA53 from Born Pretty Store

I wasn't sure about using plain old black (Finger Paints Black Expressionism) to stamp such beautiful butterflies, but I love how it looks over that crazy, bright, stunning holo.  That lace pattern on the middle finger butterfly is sweet.


I changed the angle of the light for this pix, trying to bring out more of the rainbow colors.  Can you see the purple and orange?


Bottle shot:  Colors by Llarowe Bea Stings, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Bottle shot:  Colors by Llarowe Bea Stings, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

It's not a complicated nail art, but I love it.. and I love bad jokes, too! If you have a favorite bad joke, I'd love for you to share it in the comments!


6 comments:

  1. That's some nice stamping. The black images look great over that holographic color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that LLarowe polish. And I can't believe that you are so adept at stamping. I look like a kindergartner got to my nails if I try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love butterflies and pink so this is by far one of my favorite looks from you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...