Lit from Within: Big springtime flowers
-->

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Big springtime flowers

I have totally gotten the Spring bug this year.  Spring is very short-lived here in FL, but this year, we've had a couple of revivals of cool weather, and I can turn off the A/C and open the house and take naps in the cool, cool breeze. 

If I were Southern, I'd make a mint julep and sit out on the verandah.

I saw this mani on NailNerd, and wanted to try to make my own version of it.  You should click on that link and see hers.  I won't lie, it's so much better than mine... but I'm working on it!

I started out with a base coat and one coat of China Glaze Lemon Fizz.  Then, I sponged some LA Girl Matte Orange on it.  I then took black polish and a striper brush and started painting the outlines of my flowers.


Then I filled in the petals with China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le.


Then I painted in the centers with more Lemon Fizz and some Arissa Coral, and added some to the background as well.  I also added some shading to the petals with Revlon Grape.


Topcoat makes a lot of difference with nail art, I'm finding.  A nice coat of Seche makes all the colors pop and softens the whole look.



I even painted my right hand.. and I'm not ambidextrous.  I wonder how many manis I have to do before I become ambidextrous...


Doesn't it look like this pattern should be on some Tuscan-inspired pottery or something? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...